What is it going to take for Buehrle to win the Cy Young Award this ye

IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
I checked earlier. It's at an insane 2.08 whereas his WHIP sits at 1.11 (a tick higher than Buehrle's).

Exactly. That number is so insane that if he holds that throughout the season, no one could vote against him.

If it rises in to the high 2's and Mark is in the low 3's, then we can talk.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Exactly. That number is so insane that if he holds that throughout the season, no one could vote against him.

If it rises in to the high 2's and Mark is in the low 3's, then we can talk.

Outside of 15 games (5 vs. Cleveland, 4 vs. Baltimore and 6 vs. Oakland), the Royals face good to great lineups until the end of the season. Let's hope that Greinke has a tough time finishing out the year.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Between a no hitter, a home run, a perfect game, and a save in the WS, he's kind of the king of the unexpected.

I fully expect his next trick to be a home run in this year's WS.

i think he needs to add a gold glove to his already impressive laundry list of accomplishments. he is great in the field, maybe today will get him enough publicity to get it this year

I think after today's happenings, Buehrle is the front runner for an AL CY Young. He has thrown a no-hitter before, he's at the top of the list in regards to pitchers this year. 10 times out of 10 I'd rather have MB on the mound instead of Felix or Greinke. He has demonstrated his consistency over the duration of his career. Twice he has sat 27 down... This last start of his catapaulted Buehrle to the front of the race. If he keeps pace, this is the Cy Young Winner. He's also obviously earned himself a statue and retired #56. I can't see why he wouldn't be in line to recieve the award...

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
i think he needs to add a gold glove to his already impressive laundry list of accomplishments. he is great in the field, maybe today will get him enough publicity to get it this year

And he should get it. He's one of the best fielding pitchers in all of baseball.