Mark Buehrle Enjoys Hunting

whitesoxmanager

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
I am sorry folks but I lost a lot of respect for MB after learning that he has a passion for hunting.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2007/09/24/mark-bu...ear-with-a-bow/

Are you serious? That makes me love him even more. Millions of people hunt in the US. Dye, Thome, and Pierzsynski included. GMAB. How did you not know he hunted in the first place?

08_deer_03.jpg

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Mark Buehrle doesn't hunt just deer.....he kills bears, f***ing bears! How is that not tough or likeable?

Depends what kind of bears you're talking about. Black bears flee in terror when they get a whiff of human scent. On the other hand, killing a Grizzly would be pretty impressive.

Are you serious? That makes me love him even more. Millions of people hunt in the US. Dye, Thome, and Pierzsynski included. GMAB. How did you not know he hunted in the first place?

08_deer_03.jpg

soxfan1 watch the video....click on the raccoon....i became an overnight vegetarian. its ok not to like me soxfan1 but come on dude...

http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp

soxfan1 watch the video....click on the raccoon....i became an overnight vegetarian. its ok not to like me soxfan1 but come on dude...

Well it's a good thing I eat my racoons from American highways, not Chinese fur farms.

Now how about posting the PETA comparison of chicken farms to Jews in Nazi prison camps?

Well it's a good thing I eat my racoons from American highways, not Chinese fur farms.

Now how about posting the PETA comparison of chicken farms to Jews in Nazi prison camps?

you are right. man should take steps to eliminate pain & suffering in this world. i agree with you.

I'm against skinning animals alive for their fur, but what the hell does this have to do with deer hunting?

glad you asked. now for the point. look up the definition of "to kill" on wikipedia. MB kills. and i personally dont like it nor condone it. whether or not he becomes a HOA or not matters not to me. i will always remember him as a man that has no problem desiring to take life that he didnt bring into the world.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
glad you asked. now for the point. look up the definition of "to kill" on wikipedia. MB kills. and i personally dont like it nor condone it. whether or not he becomes a HOA or not matters not to me. i will always remember him as a man that has no problem desiring to take life that he didnt bring into the world.

do you own one of these?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/...ly-Swatter.html

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)

PeTA thrives on sensationalism, give money to terrorist groups, and euthanizes animals they can't find homes for. They also employ diabetics who are kept alive by drugs tested on animals. I'd take anything on their site with a grain of salt. Penn & Teller did a funny exposé on them in their Bullshit! series.

There's a lot that goes on in agribusiness that's not humane—but as Bittman says, let's get the numbers down first and then go forward. IMO, people tend to miss the forest for the trees—they outlaw things like foie gras, but pay little mind to the feed lots talked about in books like Fast Food Nation. Point being, foie gras production is not humane, but it's a luxury consumed very sparingly by a very small percentage of the population. The feed lots that supply most of the beef consumed...well, people don't want to give up their steaks and hamburgers, so outlawing foie gras makes them feel like they're doing something that matters.

I don't hunt, but I'm not bothered by people who do (unless you pick off wolves from airplanes). It's far more humane and judicious use or resources to kill an animal quickly that would otherwise die off of disease in the wild, and use the meat for food.

I am an avid cook, and I do eat meat—although less than I used to. This was my motivation. I usually only eat one meat-based meal per day, and cut back on the portion sizes.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
no. when the flies are trapped in the screens i open the screens to let them out. but i like the idea.

I hope you don't drive a car, or even take part as a passenger. All cars kill a few bugs on a nice summer joy ride.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)

GodwinsLaw.jpg

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Mark Buehrle doesn't hunt just deer.....he kills bears, f***ing bears! How is that not tough or likeable?

I honestly don't care what Mark does, but hunters are not 'tough' in the least...OH, im gonna sneak up on some bear, shoot him dead while he's licking his ass or feeding her cubs and then Im going to stuff it with him/her bearing its claws and teeth and tell you THIS is the animal I shot.

LMMFAO...

That all said, even if Mark killed puppies for fun I'd probably still love the guy.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
no. when the flies are trapped in the screens i open the screens to let them out. but i like the idea.

I am very humane and like you don't like to kill animals without mercy and compassion, but letting go of trapped flies is just a little much...why????

-They are not an apex species

-They are not even close to being under populated

-Their gestastion and generation times are VERY short meaning they can replinish VERY quickly (unlike whales or elephants)

I appreciate your perspective dude, I really do...but when you talk about saving 'house flies' you won't gain any converts to your cause. Show the butchering Sarah Palin promotes and then you'' win some support, but 'common people' nor scientists are gonna join your protect the house flies agenda.

One last note...Being a vegetarian (which I am not) and being opposed to hunting IS NOT about PETA...they are clowns.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
Depends what kind of bears you're talking about. Black bears flee in terror when they get a whiff of human scent. On the other hand, killing a Grizzly would be pretty impressive.

totally. killing a a full grown grizzly with a bow is a million times more impressive.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I am very humane and like you don't like to kill animals without mercy and compassion, but letting go of trapped flies is just a little much...why????

-They are not an apex species

-They are not even close to being under populated

-Their gestastion and generation times are VERY short meaning they can replinish VERY quickly (unlike whales or elephants)

I appreciate your perspective dude, I really do...but when you talk about saving 'house flies' you won't gain any converts to your cause. Show the butchering Sarah Palin promotes and then you'' win some support, but 'common people' nor scientists are gonna join your protect the house flies agenda.

One last note...Being a vegetarian (which I am not) and being opposed to hunting IS NOT about PETA...they are clowns.

Flies only live like 24 or 72 hours, I forget which one, but in any case not long at all, and then you consider how many eggs they lay.

I don't believe that there is one wild animal or pet animal on this planet that wouldn't at least try to eat an incapacitated/dead human if they were hungry.

Farm animals aside. (pigs and chickens would try though)