Confirmed: White Sox claim on Alex Rios on waivers

prochisox

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (League @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
I would guess that Rios would play at least 5 days a week, giving one of Pods, Q, JD, Thome & Konerko a day off every day.

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe Q could DH during lefties. Dye could also DH some days.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
Yeah, let's replace the guy with .901 OPS.

Meh. He's just guessing. I doubt Thome would see a noticeable decrease in playing time. One guy who definitely will is Wise. Doubt he'd even stay on the roster.

Getting inside a day remaining...You'd assume we'd have landed him if we were going to. I'm sure KW gave JP a package to work with similar to the BoSox with Adrian Gonzalez. And if Ricciardi wants to keep bluffing then I'm sure he'll end up not dealing him.

We're luckily in a position of power where we are playing well, willing to take on the money, and have our OF set. Adding Rios isn't a necessity but just a big addition. Ricciardi I'd assume is probably playing this like the Halladay move and it just isnt. So who knows. I hope Rios is in a Sox jersey by tomorrow though.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
I already believe rios was pulled back. But, that's my thought.

Agreed. It's very rare for guys to be dumped over waivers. I can't imagine a trade with the Jays since Riccardi wasn't interested in anything for Halladay. They don't appear to match up.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 08:45 AM)
Agreed. It's very rare for guys to be dumped over waivers. I can't imagine a trade with the Jays since Riccardi wasn't interested in anything for Halladay. They don't appear to match up.

If he was pulled back dont yout think it would be announced by the Jays so they dont have to deal with this media firestorm for another day? Something has to be up for all this secrecy taking place