Olvio

LDF

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been great defensively and I never expected much from him with the bat. I am a big fan of getting Kendall over here (Along with Giles; If Pirates pay half of his salary) and let Olivo get some time in AAA and then come back up in September. Next year Olivo is again the starter.

He's been great defensively and I never expected much from him with the bat.  I am a big fan of getting Kendall over here (Along with Giles; If Pirates pay half of his salary) and let Olivo get some time in AAA and then come back up in September.  Next year Olivo is again the starter.

It's good in theory, but there's no way I want another big trade we have to adjust to, let's play out the season with what we have.

He's been great defensively and I never expected much from him with the bat.  I am a big fan of getting Kendall over here (Along with Giles; If Pirates pay half of his salary) and let Olivo get some time in AAA and then come back up in September.  Next year Olivo is again the starter.

i don't care about the salary, if we can get kendall, giles without giving up too much and keeping olvia i am for it. leave room for another trade.

btw off subject, but clee has been doing nicely with this bat as of late. his defense sucks tho

Thats right, this is like his AAA experiance but greater... who gives a s*** if he isnt hitting good you cant have EVERYONE in your lineup hitting over .300 unless your the Yankees.. ANYWAY Olivo is AWESOME on defense and thats all we can ask from him right now.. The offense will come around but this guy is still young

Thats right, this is like his AAA experiance but greater... who gives a s*** if he isnt hitting good you cant have EVERYONE in your lineup hitting over .300 unless your the Yankees.. ANYWAY Olivo is AWESOME on defense and thats all we can ask from him right now.. The offense will come around but this guy is still young

Agreed.

I really think Olivo will have Pudge-like offensive development. Every year we will see him get better and eventually he'll be one of the best offensive catchers in the game and the BEST defensive catcher in the game.

Agreed.

I really think Olivo will have Pudge-like offensive development.  Every year we will see him get better and eventually he'll be one of the best offensive catchers in the game and the BEST defensive catcher in the game.

I don't know if he'll hit as many homers as Pudge, but I don't see a .270, 18 HR, 70 RBI season out of Olivo as being out of the question someday...

hey I would be absoloutley happy is Olivo is a .260 15 60 guy

All we need to do is bat him at the end of the order and rely on what he does BEST, defense.. I dont care if he is average at the plate, he is ALL STAR behind the plate and thats what we need most from him although I do agree he is going to be a pretty good ball player

Although I agree that Marte would be a good closer I dont want to see him there..

Not because I dont think he can do it, but because I like seeing him come in 7-8 inning and shutting them down to set up for Gordon (Or whoever our closer will be in the future.)

I Love Marte coming in 7-8 and I like seeing him there.. If he is the closer, who will take over his job? Not Gordon

Once again.  I want to see us get some bullpen help if anything.  Koch showed once again tonight that he just doesn't have it.  I say Make Marte the closer Gordon the set-up guy White who's pitchin much better the 6th or 7th inning guy.  We still need 1 more quality arm in that pen to go along with those 3.

and that is what i been saying for the last couple of days.

Although I agree that Marte would be a good closer I dont want to see him there..

Not because I dont think he can do it, but because I like seeing him come in 7-8 inning and shutting them down to set up for Gordon (Or whoever our closer will be in the future.)

I Love Marte coming in 7-8 and I like seeing him there.. If he is the closer, who will take over his job? Not Gordon

LOL....U want Koch to close gms for us the rest of the way?

LOL....U want Koch to close gms for us the rest of the way?

put botch up and forget about him till the offseason, actually put him on dl like they did with ritchie.

they need to trade for a escobar, a rp. plain and simple.

i wonder if any of our young arms in the minors are ready to at least throw a couple of innings here and there.

Did I say Koch moron?.. NO

I said WHOEVER the closer may be, thats all

OK LOOK HERE MOTHERf***ER...DON'T BRING YOUR BROKE b**** ASS UP IN HERE CALLIN ANYBODY NAMES...I MADE A SIMPLE COMMENT IN THAT MARTE SHOULD BE THE CLOSER...WE CAN'T AFFORD TO RUN SORRY ASS KOCH OUT THERE ANYMORE...AND IF NOT MARTE HE SHOULD BE THE CLOER MR f***IN WIZARD... :fyou