Getz to the DL

Steve9347

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
Could Lillibridge play 2b better than Getz? Just looking for silver linings

Defensively, absolutely. Same with Nix. Not a knock on Getz, more compliments to the other 2's defensive abilities (which are very good).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Yep, feels good since I'm almost always wrong, haha. Except I'd rather have been wrong cause I love Getzy. It is okay though, Nix is solid and Lillibridge is a darn nice bench player if used properly (great defense at multiple positions and speed).

Thank you! I've been arguing this for a while. Lilli wasn't hated until he had to play regularly and it wasn't his fault we didn't have better options. His defensive versatility and speed can be an asset to a playoff team.

Now that Lillibridge is back up, this is even less of a reason to keep Wise. Lilli can backup at SS so Nix doesn't have to play there ever again and he becomes our 3rd CF after Rios and Pods. Wise is just taking up a spot and it's about time we called up another pitcher.

I don't know what the rules are as far as calling up Nunez again (how long does a player have to stay down after being demoted before he can be recalled again?) but just putting another arm in the back of the pen would help us in case we run into another situation where our pen gets really overworked like last night.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
Thank you! I've been arguing this for a while. Lilli wasn't hated until he had to play regularly and it wasn't his fault we didn't have better options. His defensive versatility and speed can be an asset to a playoff team.

Now that Lillibridge is back up, this is even less of a reason to keep Wise. Lilli can backup at SS so Nix doesn't have to play there ever again and he becomes our 3rd CF after Rios and Pods. Wise is just taking up a spot and it's about time we called up another pitcher.

I don't know what the rules are as far as calling up Nunez again (how long does a player have to stay down after being demoted before he can be recalled again?) but just putting another arm in the back of the pen would help us in case we run into another situation where our pen gets really overworked like last night.

Not true.

Lillibridge was highly criticized during practically all of spring training. Lillibridge is no defensive wizard by any margin. Lillibridge is not a major league baseball player.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Not true.

Lillibridge was highly criticized during practically all of spring training. Lillibridge is no defensive wizard by any margin. Lillibridge is not a major league baseball player.

Well, not everyone hated on him during ST. The K's and lack of walks were a problem but he wasn't hated on like he is now.

Lillibridge can play a Major League SS and because of his arm would probably be the 2nd best defensive CF on our team. He may not be a starter but he's a more than capable defensive replacement and pinch runner.

Let's see what Nix can do... come on Ozzie, don't mess this one up.

Getz is a mighty likeable player. I like him. Sucks he's out.

As far as your above quote ... why does Oz catch it every time??? It's like any other company nowadays ... a "TEAM" thing. You think Kenny won't have a say in whether Lilly or Nix plays, at least from the get go? I'd amend it to say cmon Ozzie and Kenny don't mess this one up.