Dewayne Wise to the DL

Chisoxfn

The timing of this move is interesting and I have no idea how serious Wise injury is. But the speculator in me wonders whether this has more to do with roster management.

The Sox needed to send someone down to make room for Garcia and Lillibridge would have been the guy, but by placing Wise on the DL they have potentially opened up the ability for both Lillibridge and Wise to be available for the post-season roster (even though only one might be on the active major league roster come September 1st).

However, for Lillibridge to be available, the Sox would have to have him on the roster (or DL) on Sept 1st.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
The timing of this move is interesting and I have no idea how serious Wise injury is. But the speculator in me wonders whether this has more to do with roster management.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
Hurray for fake injuries!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
Wise is gone? What are we going to do now? Didn't he make that catch? Hey, what about the catch?

He came back pretty quick from a serious shoulder injury and legitimatly may have tweaked it that's my story and I am sticking to it

Edited by elrockinMT