8/24 Games

flavum

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
hudsons pitch counts worry me ...especially if he gets called up against a patient team like the yankees

For impatient posters begging to see him, he's just not ready yet. Let him finish out the year in AAA then next season reevaluate him. He might stay in AAA a bit longer and gets called up later on in the year, makes it out the 5th spot in ST, whatever. It's nice to see Flowers getting that walk rate up. He and Gartrell are really adjusting well in AAA.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
For impatient posters begging to see him, he's just not ready yet. Let him finish out the year in AAA then next season reevaluate him. He might stay in AAA a bit longer and gets called up later on in the year, makes it out the 5th spot in ST, whatever. It's nice to see Flowers getting that walk rate up. He and Gartrell are really adjusting well in AAA.

When our other options are Conteras, Garcia, and Carlos Torres. I have no problem exposing Dan Hudson to major league pitching for two months and preparing him to compete for the #4-#5 slot next year. What do we have to lose? If he's as confident as i hear he is, failure won't phase him, it will pave way for future victory. And if he's good? Well, that's really good for us.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
its early, and only 63 ABs, but trayce thompson has 3 BBs and 28 Ks....thats not too good

Though not that unexpected. We knew he was supposed to be raw. I would have been surprised if he hit .300 with big power right out of high school.

I really would only give Hudson two starts--Saturday in NY and then the Wrigley game.

If he does ok, keep him going. If Garcia does well the next two starts, then I would give him the 5th starter spot after Peavy comes back.

I think they'll only need a 5th starter 3 games after Peavy comes back (hopefully Sep. 4-7).