Sox vs. Sawks 8-26-09 Gavin 10-8 3.98 vs. Wake 11-3 4.31

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:48 PM)
Couldn't agree more, especially with runners on base. No one shortened up their swing. You could tell Hawk was pissed.

and to think i talked myself into "well we win these next 2 games and we are only 3.5 out, thats not too bad 4 games into this road trip..."

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
You have to wonder if any heads would roll if it was an 0-fer road trip.

You know what I'm happy about? It's that if we're atrocious the remainder of this road trip (and I don't see why we wouldn't be), there should be NO excuses. What contributing player aside from Peavy was on the DL the final 40 games? EVERYONE is here. We're not the Mets. There will be no one to blame but ourselves.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
You know what I'm happy about? It's that if we're atrocious the remainder of this road trip (and I don't see why we wouldn't be), there should be NO excuses. What contributing player aside from Peavy was on the DL the final 40 games? EVERYONE is here. We're not the Mets. There will be no one to blame but ourselves.

Or if you're Hawk, the ump every other game.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Why would you think that? Didn't you know Coop can fix him?

Can't fix what ain't broke. He's just not good enough to pitch in the bottom of the 9th in a tie game against the heart of the Red Sox order.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

I know. You don't really want to see them go 0-11 or 1-10 or whatever, but it might prove a point.

QUOTE (onedude @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
Can September get here soon enough? Need to see what 2010...and on looks like.

What makes you think that Ozzie is going to play kids in September. In 07 he threw out his vets for most of the games. Get ready for a steady diet of Wise and your kid will be Lillibridge.

PK: "Just to throw all the intensity in and say, ‘Let’s go,’ I’m not a big believer in that. I don’t think it works in this game.''

Outside of the 6 month long slumps, or suicide shrug's I will miss his leadership the most when he is gone.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
yeah, it's not worth getting pissed off about. But I would like to finish the season ahead of the twins! :D

didn't think that they'd be 1 ahead at this point a week ago. too stressful being a sox fan.