White Sox/Red Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
a rookie pitcher from japan who we have never seen before....this probably wont end well....please prove me wrong for once this week

At this point is there any type of pitcher that we do hit well?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
At this point is there any type of pitcher that we do hit well?

So true. At this point, I would bet that if we cut Contreras, the BoSox would pick him up, start em next Saturday at the Cell, and he would throw seven scoreless innings against us easy.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
The Sox are trying hard. We're just not that good offensively.

We need some of those handy .375 OBP types. Other-Sox sure have em.

Won't matter. Those .375 obp guys will get into scoring position and will pop up into foul territory, strike out, or ground into a double play. Eventually you need someone with some balls and can step up in the clutch.

Then next inning - we'll do it again.

This is the team I expected to see all season. Had it not been for Detroit being god awful and Minnesota struggling - we wouldn' be remotely in one of these races. What a pathetic bunch of players.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
This game is on MLB television channel so I will be watching. I guess it's Danks and I am hoping for a win to salvage this thing

There is no salvaging this series. The damage has been done.

QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
Won't matter. Those .375 obp guys will get into scoring position and will pop up into foul territory, strike out, or ground into a double play. Eventually you need someone with some balls and can step up in the clutch.

Then next inning - we'll do it again.

This is the team I expected to see all season. Had it not been for Detroit being god awful and Minnesota struggling - we wouldn' be remotely in one of these races. What a pathetic bunch of players.

I'm not really in agreement with every point on this. I think there's two position players that need to be replaced with established still-productive vets. Both are corner outfielders. That's replaceable.

I dont put it past them to go out and get Abreu on a short term deal this offseason. That takes care of one.

DH....well we'll see. I have my own thoughts on how to handle that within the system, but it involves bringing in Flowers and a utility guy who can catch. A cheap viable solution. Thome my homie can always return if he's willing to take a huge discount just to chase the ring and 600.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm not really in agreement with every point on this. I think there's two position players that need to be replaced with established still-productive vets. Both are corner outfielders. That's replaceable.

I dont put it past them to go out and get Abreu on a short term deal this offseason. That takes care of one.

DH....well we'll see. I have my own thoughts on how to handle that within the system, but it involves bringing in Flowers and a utility guy who can catch. A cheap viable solution. Thome my homie can always return if he's willing to take a huge discount just to chase the ring and 600.

I think we have guys who are very good players but I am sick of others.

I really think that if Pods is going to play the way he is playing that he is capable of playing average LF for us. But it needs to be LF, not CF. I think Quentin has lost a little on his arm and is still not 100% out there running but he should be able to handle an average RF. Rios in CF to me is above average and that is all much better then what we've been playing.

To go sign Abreu isn't a bad idea but it'll leave us without a leadoff hitter. Quentin and Rios arent going anywhere. So taht means Pods is and probably Dye (unless he comes back to DH). Not too sure about you all but I don't want him as a DH when he cant have a .600+ OPS in the 2nd half.

I still think landing a Figgins boosts our lineup and defense. It makes Alexei available and teams would come crawling for his contract and his ability. We could net a nice young arm, a true 2nd baseman, prospects or a very good OF. I for one don't want to see him go though.

I do think we need to improve our OF defense but I think Rios starts that and I think we need to shed some of this dead weight.

All of this is pending the emergence of our veterans. Step up or step out.

I don't believe that 4.5 games out in late August means you're eliminated.

I don't believe that Jermaine Dye will stay in this funk for the rest of the year.

I don't believe this team will play this bad for the rest of the season.

I didn't believe the Sox would be in contention at this point in the season.

I do believe they can still win the division.

It helps me sleep.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
I cant believe all of you have thrown in the towel...there is still a month left and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!! How about a big win over the Cubs at the end of this trip ignites the Sox on a tear to win the Central!!

It's tough not to when we haven't seen them really do it outside of one time this year. Longest win streak we had was 7 and not remotely in the realm of quality teams we are playing now. They should beat up on Cleveland and KC as they did during that streak.

I wanted to be within 5 games at the end of the road trip if things went south for us. At worst 6. And that is only because of how many times we play Detroit because I'll hang onto that - "we have a chance" thread.

Realistically I just don't see us overcoming anymore bad losses as we've had. It's one thing to lose but when you have a team struggling to hit, and they score 8 runs and you lose because you have a bum on the mound. You get what you deserve. Then you watch them crawl back into their shell and blow the next games with bullpen. Those are tough losses and take a huge mental strain on these guys.

The season isn't over but as each days passes and we don't just show any sign of life - you have to wonder why not just throw in the towel from a fan standpoint. We're a .500 ballclub so to think we are going to run off an play .700-.800 ball in September to win the thing isnt realistic.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
I think the Sox are going to take this one tonight... and roll into New York and take that series.

I'd love to keep beating the Yankees and plant that seed in their heads if we make it. Because we will see them in the first round since Boston will be playing the Angels.

Well, history and statistics say the White Sox will win tonight. Four game sweeps are hard to come by, even against under-performing teams. So, I think the Sox (White) win tonight. Now, how they win may very well determine how the Yankees series goes. An offensive explosion coupled with a great outing from Danks could propel this team into NY with high hopes and a hint of momentum. They could take 2 of 3 there. At that point, the road trip would be 3-4. This scenario almost has to happen for the Sox to have a chance. A three game set at the Metrohell will be tough.