White Sox/Red Sox

Kyyle23

I haven't been reading the accounts of the games much lately, just skimming some. My question is whether the "E" word has been uttered yet and if and when somebody like Oz or the players will say they are embarrassed.

What will it take for you the fan to be embarrassed on this trip?

Would it be tonight's fourth loss to the Sox? Or an oh-fer in Boston and New York?

When will you be embarrassed by the club?

There's a difference from being mad and embarrassed. I'm not embarrassed yet, but we have pretty much laid over so far at 0-3 entering game 4 of the bataan death march.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
I haven't been reading the accounts of the games much lately, just skimming some. My question is whether the "E" word has been uttered yet and if and when somebody like Oz or the players will say they are embarrassed.

What will it take for you the fan to be embarrassed on this trip?

Would it be tonight's fourth loss to the Sox? Or an oh-fer in Boston and New York?

When will you be embarrassed by the club?

There's a difference from being mad and embarrassed. I'm not embarrassed yet, but we have pretty much laid over so far at 0-3 entering game 4 of the bataan death march.

I was embarrassed after watching the Ortiz walk-off last night. F Boston. Win tonight and rip the Yankqueens a new one! :headbang

I was embarrassed and enraged when we went into Sunday - IMO a must win game - and we trotted out the "B" squad. I don't mind Ozzie always resting our guys but I always get confused because I thought the point was to keep them fresh for the late season run and these type of must-win situations. Seeing Castro and Lillibridge out there made me ill. Lillibridge doesnt even deserve to be in professional baseball.

You have a must win game and your "Ace" on the mound. Aout to hit a huge road trip against the best teams in baseball and your plan for success is to run Brent Lillibridge out there? Really? You end up scoring 2 runs off a guy who has an era north of 6? Its pathetic.

The other embarrassing part is that we don't have any other options anywhere.

From there its embarrassing that our bullpen is just so awful that our guys may need to start going all 9 to get a win. Its all sad and pathetic more then embarrassing I guess but its very close.

''In a matter of 72 hours, everything can change, and we have to keep hanging our hat on that we can do that,'' Konerko said.

That quote is exactly what my problem is. I feel like our veterans have no fire to go seize it and make things happen, they just keep banking on it happening so they have no reason to get worked up or fight for things. It seems like theyve been around the block so many times that they think it's just going to be the same way as before and things will fix themselves because thats what happened in the past.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
We should say goodbye to 2/3 of the following:

Dye, Thome, Konerko

Please its like watching 3 aging turtles try to get out of their shells.

I think Dye is gone for sure. Why would you want to trade Konerko? I think Konerko is having a pretty decent year and he could still play a pretty good 1B. It wouldn't make sense to let Konerko go now. Thome i'm 50-50 on.

QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
I was embarrassed and enraged when we went into Sunday - IMO a must win game - and we trotted out the "B" squad. I don't mind Ozzie always resting our guys but I always get confused because I thought the point was to keep them fresh for the late season run and these type of must-win situations. Seeing Castro and Lillibridge out there made me ill. Lillibridge doesnt even deserve to be in professional baseball.

You have a must win game and your "Ace" on the mound. Aout to hit a huge road trip against the best teams in baseball and your plan for success is to run Brent Lillibridge out there? Really? You end up scoring 2 runs off a guy who has an era north of 6? Its pathetic.

I love when people make these types of statements without thinking them through. AJ played in the previous 7 games, including the night before that day game. Giving him the day off before starting our road trip was fine and not unexpected. And that was Lillibridge's 1st start IIRC since being recalled. Basically Nix has not had a game off since Getz's injury. All the other regular players being in the lineup in addition to those two does not constitute "the 'B' squad". Come on.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
I love when people make these types of statements without thinking them through. AJ played in the previous 7 games, including the night before that day game. Giving him the day off before starting our road trip was fine and not unexpected. And that was Lillibridge's 1st start IIRC since being recalled. Basically Nix has not had a game off since Getz's injury. All the other regular players being in the lineup in addition to those two does not constitute "the 'B' squad". Come on.

I said underneith those statements that I am embarrassed because we don't have other options.

And you're acting as though it is the first time that has happened.

What was it the 4th or 5th game of the season. The guys were dead tired so he runs out Lillibridge, Corky Miller, Anderson nd Betemet? He does it constantly.

The point is run Castro out there - that is fine. But have Lillibridge, Kotsay, Wise when he is around, etc. in one at a time or something. You can compensate for one weak hitter. The NL does it all the time. When you get into 2-3-4 guys in an AL playoff hunt. Thats where the problem comes in.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
I think Dye is gone for sure. Why would you want to trade Konerko? I think Konerko is having a pretty decent year and he could still play a pretty good 1B. It wouldn't make sense to let Konerko go now. Thome i'm 50-50 on.

I hope Dye is gone. Konerko I'm kinda wishy washy on. I would want someone really good to replace him, otherwise, forget it...keep him. Thome, as much as I like the guy and have loved having him slugging homers for the Sox, I want him gone for I think, the betterment of the team.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)

Id be fine to see all 3 go. This team needs a complete overhaul. I am grateful for what paulie and dye did here with the Sox but this team is in desperate need of a different look. Old and slow is not a recipe for success. If you bring even 2 of them back you will experience much of the same we did this year.

I cant believe all of you have thrown in the towel...there is still a month left and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!! How about a big win over the Cubs at the end of this trip ignites the Sox on a tear to win the Central!!

After losing the previous 10 games to BOS, NYY and MIN, they will be too far down in the cellar. Even a 10 game win streak would barely put us over .500, whereas Detroit has been consistently 6, 7 or 8 games above .500 (like we should be)

The season isn't over but as each days passes and we don't just show any sign of life - you have to wonder why not just throw in the towel from a fan standpoint. We're a .500 ballclub so to think we are going to run off an play .700-.800 ball in September to win the thing isnt realistic.

Exactly, the more we keep beating ourselves and losing games, the more ground we keep losing on Detroit, which means you need that many more wins to actually have a shot. This team has never gone on a truly dominant stretch this season, and there really isn't any reason to expect it after watching 5 months of the same old s***.

Well, history and statistics say the White Sox will win tonight. Four game sweeps are hard to come by, even against under-performing teams. So, I think the Sox (White) win tonight. Now, how they win may very well determine how the Yankees series goes. An offensive explosion coupled with a great outing from Danks could propel this team into NY with high hopes and a hint of momentum. They could take 2 of 3 there. At that point, the road trip would be 3-4. This scenario almost has to happen for the Sox to have a chance. A three game set at the Metrohell will be tough.

You do know that we're going to be trotting a Buehrle Contreras and Garcia out there in NY? Buehrle has completely lost it since his perfect game, Contreras sucks (and our bullpen will get decimated again), and Garcia might pitch well but in this game either one or a combination of our offense, defense and bullpen will lose the game.

We just haven't found a way to click on all cylinders.

The other embarrassing part is that we don't have any other options anywhere.

From there its embarrassing that our bullpen is just so awful that our guys may need to start going all 9 to get a win. Its all sad and pathetic more then embarrassing I guess but its very close.

The entire season has been an embarrassment. No one gets it done in clutch situations. We are the anti-clutch. On the opposite side, it seems like whenever the other team needs something clutch, our s***ty bullpen or defense hand it right to them.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Podsednik CF

Beckham 3B

Pierzynski C

Konerko 1B

Thome DH

Quentin LF

Kotsay RF

Ramirez SS

Nix 2B

Danks P

Bleh. Thankfully, no Rios. He's done sh*t since he's been here. Good thing I'll be out of town this weekend, so I won't witness the debacle in Yankee Stadium.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
I hope Dye is gone. Konerko I'm kinda wishy washy on. I would want someone really good to replace him, otherwise, forget it...keep him. Thome, as much as I like the guy and have loved having him slugging homers for the Sox, I want him gone for I think, the betterment of the team.

Remembering Dye before he signed his last contract. Did he not just mope around and then after he signed he got out of his funk. Presently, with him doing as bad as he is in the second half perhaps 500,000 a year for a two year deal with incentives. The last time before he got his last contract he was hitting just like he is now. To his credit he can really blister the ball when he knows where he'll be and that the checks will be coming . I'm like that but to a much smaller scale 1/1000th.