Question

We changed the sports-pub up and set-up specific sub forums for basketball, hockey, and football. That way all of those threads went in there but there is still a sports forum for the more generic sports. It breaks stuff up a lot and maybe that is a bad thing, but it would also keep things clean and maybe encourage a lot more generic sports debate as opposed to sticking stuff in these one massive threads.

What do you all think?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
We changed the sports-pub up and set-up specific sub forums for basketball, hockey, and football. That way all of those threads went in there but there is still a sports forum for the more generic sports. It breaks stuff up a lot and maybe that is a bad thing, but it would also keep things clean and maybe encourage a lot more generic sports debate as opposed to sticking stuff in these one massive threads.

What do you all think?

yes. I liked the NFL talk and NBA that went on here better before the split of talkbears and talkbulls....it was way easier when it was centralized and you could get all sports in one spot.....now it seems like those sites really struggle to maintain consistently good Chatter (talkbears gets a decent amount of posts, but the quality is horrendous compared to what is here and what used to be here IMO). and honestly the existence of those sites deteriorates from the quality of the NFL, NBA, NHL talk here IMO. I wish those sites were never made and soxtalk was just the big center for them all

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
I like it how it easy, personally. Soxtalk is great because of the minimum possible number of forums, IMO.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
I like it the way it is now - all in one place so I don't have to check multiple forums. I can just come to the "Sports Pub" and see it all.

That.

This place is broken-up just fine. "Cleaning it up," as you called it Jason, would only make things messier, in my eyes.

Well to me, I think if you click on the Bears thread, it should direct you to talkbears, if you click on the bulls, it should redirect you to talkbulls, ncaa football or basketball, same thing goes. Other sports thread should link you to "Other Sports" forum.

I think it's a waste of server space to have all those independent sites, and then not make people post there for things pertaining to that site such as how Derrick Rose is a dummy in talkbulls, or how Jay Cutler is god's gift to Bears fans everywhere.

Glad someone is listening to cryptville. :)

Personally I didn't understand how people could keep posting about multiple topics in one thread, ask for a separate forum, and then never post in it (Bhawks, Big Ten board, Bulls board to an extent.) For going to the other boards I don't see how it is convinient to keep logging into separate boards as Rangercal mentioned.

I like how the setup Motown sports. I also like when the NCCA BB tourney starts there is a separate sub-forum. Look how popular that is.

I say give cryptville his wish.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
Glad someone is listening to cryptville. :)

Personally I didn't understand how people could keep posting about multiple topics in one thread, ask for a separate forum, and then never post in it (Bhawks, Big Ten board, Bulls board to an extent.) For going to the other boards I don't see how it is convinient to keep logging into separate boards as Rangercal mentioned.

I like how the setup Motown sports. I also like when the NCCA BB tourney starts there is a separate sub-forum. Look how popular that is.

I say give cryptville his wish.

Agreed. If it was cryptville's wish, then give it to him. Take away the other sites or make people use them. Let's not have a site because people ask for them, and then not make them use them.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
Agreed. If it was cryptville's wish, then give it to him. Take away the other sites or make people use them. Let's not have a site because people ask for them, and then not make them use them.

Well what I was thinking of is going a more drastic route where when you log into each site there are a list of forums, but all the same database. When you go to Soxtalk, the baseball sites are at the top, when you go to TalkBears, the Bears forum is at the top. The Off Topic is the same forum and everything and basically put each site just has its own unique skin but in its entirety we are talking about one massive site with customized graphics.

I have no clue how possible this is, but it was my idea.

Basically put there would be the following forums (plus or minus some): Diamond Club, White Sox, Future Sox, Trade Winds (When Needed), Bears, Bulls, Generic Sports Forum. If stuff got very popular, there could be seperate forums for each sport..ie a baseball one, a football one, a basketball one, etc.

And the order of the forums just depends on the site you are on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
Well what I was thinking of is going a more drastic route where when you log into each site there are a list of forums, but all the same database. When you go to Soxtalk, the baseball sites are at the top, when you go to TalkBears, the Bears forum is at the top. The Off Topic is the same forum and everything and basically put each site just has its own unique skin but in its entirety we are talking about one massive site with customized graphics.

Basically put there would be the following forums (plus or minus some): Diamond Club, White Sox, Future Sox, Trade Winds (When Needed), Bears, Bulls, Generic Sports Forum. If stuff got very popular, there could be seperate forums for each sport..ie a baseball one, a football one, a basketball one, etc.

Sounds great to me.

LOL. That is what I told you 5 years ago. You can make a portal to do that.

But, it's not quite that simple, anymore.

If you're serious, we can talk more.

Well THAT'S interesting.