Joe Crede Possibly Retiring

Quin

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Greg, I have a really hard time calling a guy, who by the numbers, was a below average offensive player (compared to every hitter in the leage) at a corner position anything more than a "good" player.

How can a player with a career 93 OPS+ (100 is the line for the "average" hitter) be a "good" hitter without question?

Because going 1 for 7 but hitting a walk-off makes you a good hitter.

Hawk'll take .200 hitters that hit .800 in the 9th inning every day of the week.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because going 1 for 7 but hitting a walk-off makes you a good hitter.

Hawk'll take .200 hitters that hit .800 in the 9th inning every day of the week.

Except that Joe was a .266 hitter in the "clutch."

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...r&t=b#clutc

Sorry, a 3-run homer in the 5th is more important than the walkoff single. If the 3-run homer isn't there, there is no setup for the walkoff.

Just give me the best damn overall hitters possible.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Except that Joe was a .266 hitter in the "clutch."

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...r&t=b#clutc

Sorry, a 3-run homer in the 5th is more important than the walkoff single. If the 3-run homer isn't there, there is no setup for the walkoff.

Just give me the best damn overall hitters possible.

My post should have been in green sorry.

Manager Ron Gardenhire says he does not expect Joe Crede (back) to play the remainder of the year.

Crede was just activated from the disabled list and received a golden sombrero Sunday. "He couldn't swing the way he wants to swing. He tried. It's just not going to work out," said Gardenhire. Assuming Crede is finished he ends his season with a .229/.293/.421 line with 15 homers and 48 RBI in 328 at-bats this season and what looks to be a long offseason for him looking for a job.

Yet another waste of cash on a free agent by the Twins. Crede made $5.5 million this year.