Red Sox @ White Sox, 7:11PM, WCIU

justBLAZE

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
I heard that Jorge. That was interesting to hear.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Twice if he was awake

Well, I'm sure he saw some of Flowers in spring training. I just am pretty skeptical about seeing a guy a few times and then determining that he has this singular trait that you've only seen one other guy have.

I had no idea that Hudson was as funky as he is. He almost has a three-quarters slot and wings the ball in there. Will they leave him in to get the save?

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Well, I'm sure he saw some of Flowers in spring training. I just am pretty skeptical about seeing a guy a few times and then determining that he has this singular trait that you've only seen one other guy have.

I had no idea that Hudson was as funky as he is. He almost has a three-quarters slot and wings the ball in there. Will they leave him in to get the save?

Let's hope it won't come down to getting a save.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Not even close huh?

Their's a fairly significant disparity in numbers between the two that suggests that Nix is very much the better player, and by a wide margin. This is not to take anything away from what Getz did tonight. He looked very impressive out there.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 12:41 AM)
Their's a fairly significant disparity in numbers between the two that suggests that Nix is very much the better player, and by a wide margin. This is not to take anything away from what Getz did tonight. He looked very impressive out there.

There is when Nix faces lefties, yes. The problem is, it would be difficult to ever make Nix a full-time starter because his numbers are so much different when facing righties. I love Nix as much as anyone, but he is one player against lefties, and an entirely different one against righties. Meanwhile, Getz, who isn't at all amazing himself, has particular skills which standout because of their relative absence on this team.

I was all for Nix getting a full-time chance, and he just did. Did anyone walk away from the last three weeks thinking "Wow, Nix deserves a full-time gig?"

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 05:41 AM)

I'd say there is a fairly significant disparity in performance that suggests Getz is the better player.