St. Louis

Sox72

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
I like that you say awful weather keeps you away from St. Louis yet you like Minneapolis. Our ideas of awful weather are very different.

Yeah, it's definitely too extremes. But I've been to St. Louis in bad summers and Minneapolis in bad winters, and I definitely hated St. Louis more. I'm just one of those people that deals worse with heat.

hahahaha oh sorry.

No, seriously, there is a chance you might really love st. louis. Just, if you have kids, after they leave high school walk around with them the first day at college and if they ask the new people what high school they went to just punch the hell out of them.

My major gripe with STL is their really crappy crappy public transport.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
hahahaha oh sorry.

No, seriously, there is a chance you might really love st. louis. Just, if you have kids, after they leave high school walk around with them the first day at college and if they ask the new people what high school they went to just punch the hell out of them.

My major gripe with STL is their really crappy crappy public transport.

I'm in law school down here and people are still asking me that question. I thought it was some sort of cool law joke that I didn't know about. Nope. They're just odd.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
It can't be worse than the CTA. There's no way.

It is because CTA sucks but can take you all over chicago and into north/south suburbs, and if not you have metra that'll extend you close to anywhere.

STL's transit covers very little.

Sox72, I have a couple friends going to WashU, I think you'll enjoy yourself. And go to Papis

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
It is because CTA sucks but can take you all over chicago and into north/south suburbs, and if not you have metra that'll extend you close to anywhere.

Sox72, I have a couple friends going to WashU, I think you'll enjoy yourself. And go to Papis

exactly. In Chicago you know you're going to have to bite the bullet and put up with crap, but you can basically get anywhere you want, in St. Louis you can't get anywhere with the public transport.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)

Any other suggestions?

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
Any other suggestions?

You know, when I was there I was being taken around and I really don't know what you like. Let me ask a friend of mine who lived in central west end. He had some funny taste, he loved wine and cigars, but he might know some places.

I loved this one bowling alley/bar on some main strip. Really cheap beer and I liked the laid back atmosphere. Central West End sometimes feel like you are trying to show off your vertical striped shirt that you bought at express.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 05:09 AM)
Have you been to either of their bar/restaurants? They have styles on tap that they don't sell in bottles. They have a few that will kick your ass if you're not careful.

Yeah I went to one that was in/by Kirkwood, and that's actually why I mentioned it. I'd never really by shlafly in Columbia, and they really were losing the distribution battle to Boulevard.

Shlafly has something awful of design on their beers. BUt yeah I had 2 great stouts around christmas time and another good porter.