Just Sickening....

T R U

I'd once again look for a .320 35 135 type season from Maggs. He's gonna rip the cover off the ball in the second half again. That, and Paulie's starting to hit better, Everett's been decent, Alomar has been good on both sides of the ball, the starting pitching is starting to dominate, and then you have other good players on the team who are also very dangerous(Daubach can kill the ball when he gets going, Thomas does the same, Lee is known as mainly a one-half player, Crede ripped the cover off the ball in August and September last year, and Valentin can go nowhere but up, along with others including the fact that Rick White was a somewhat dominant pitcher in St. Louis last year down the stretch), and I really, really like this team's chances.

One or two more relievers, and I think we are playoff bound.

I'm really starting to get excited about our team! I didn't think we'd have much of a chance when we faced Halladay, but we probably gave him his worst outing since April or May. On paper our offense looks unstoppable, but lets hope we keep hitting well(and not hit like right before All-Star break) and go from looking good on paper to looking good in games. :headbang Plus if our hitting picks up, we might actually be able to do something in the playoffs if we keep pitching the way we have been.

If Colon steps up, we'll have 4 guys who give us a legitimate chance of winning every night.  And if our offense keeps it up, it'll be academic.

The pitching staff has been unbelievable ever since the begiinning of the season (maybe except Wright), its just a matter of scoring enough runs. If it continues at this pace, I'd say we can no doubt go very deep into the playoffs.

I think that if we get another reliever or two, we advance atleast to the ALCS.

Yea, I really hope we can pick up another reliever. But, who could we trade for? one of the Dodgers relievers?, Escobar from Toronto?(we'd move him back to the pen), Scott Williamson from the Reds?, NYM's David Weathers?, etc. Any more suggestions for relievers would be appreciated.

I've thought about trading Lee to LA. I assume they could possibly use Henderson at 1B, so then their OF would be Lee, Burnitz, and Green from left to right. Once Roberts gets healthy, Lee stays in LF, Roberts goes back to CF, Burnitz to RF, and Green to 1B. And there's no reason they couldn't try to use Burnitz in CF, Lee in RF, Henderson in LF, and Green at 1B, but I wouldn't suggest it. That gives them another good bat in the lineup, and we get Mota or Shuey from them.

We could also get Lightenberg from Baltimore, Levine from Tampa Bay, Witasick(or others) from San Diego, Weathers from the Mets, DeJean or Luis Vizcaino from Milwaukee, Williamson from Cinci, and probably others too.

There are a lot of guys available. Getting the right one will be more difficult.