Late Night Talk Show Hosts

The Bones

Who is your favorite current late night talk show host?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite current late night talk show host?

• David Letterman
    • Jay Leno
    • Conan O'Brien
    • Craig Kilbourn
    • Jimmy Kimmel
    • Tom Green
    • Carson Daly

Just throwing something out there seeing what everyone thinks? I personally like The New Tom Green Show on mtv the best, but Conan is great too.

Tell me if there's someone I forgot.

What, no The Orlando Jone's SHow, The Caroline Reah Show, and or The Wayne Brady Show??!?!?!?!?!?!??Blasphemy!!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, My fav is Conan's show...It says something that he doesn't really get any top name guests, but still is able to put on a great show..The guy is just very funny. And he has Triumph..What else can you say??? :headbang

2nd would be Kimmel's show...Just cause I like Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Corrolla..Jimmy is the kind of guy you would want as a best friend if you were a guy. His show is not as funny as Conan's, but he does his best..

Conan is hilarious, but he has a tendency to interrupt his guests compulsively. They'll start to tell a story and he'll interject something that is often funny, but at times you want to tell him to shut up and let them finish. He probably has the best writers in late-night. That's not discounting his comedic ability, but it helps him greatly.

Letterman's show can be slow at times but often he is carrying the show. He is a superb interviewer, you won't find anyone better, and he treats all his guests with respect, you can tell they like being there. He has the most substance I think, his wit is more refined and subtle.

Jimmy Kimmel and Carson Daly don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Letterman, Conan, O'Brien, Leno (I rarely watch him because of Letterman but he is alright, though a little too giddy), and even Kilborn, who has adapted to late-night and carved out his own niche. I haven't seen Tom Green's show so I can't comment.

The End.

I used to like Letterman more, but he has changed and is not as funny lately. His bits aren't that great.

I'm not a Leno fan. Other than the dog, he has no good bits and is rarely funny.

Kilborn used to be horrible, but he has gotten better. I never watch him because he is on when Tom Green, Conan, and Kimmel are on so he is the 4th choice. I only like his 5 questions, and even that is inconsistent.

Conan is great, #2 by me. Not so great with the interviews. He says funny stuff as spiff said, but he interrupts his guests in the act. Good bits and monologues.

Carson Daly's show blows, period.

I just started watching Tom Green. It's a good show, but still only 3rd choice at his timeslot.

Kimmel is hilarious. He is my favorite because he is just funny. The show used to suck because he was new to it and he had bad guests, but he has been getting better guests and is becoming a pretty good interviewer.

i remember conan was telling the story of getting kick out or almost kick out of an ivy league school for stealing the batman suit when adam west came to do a show.

that is ballsy.

I'm pretty sure he went to Harvard, right?

i remember conan was telling the story of getting kick out or almost kick out of an ivy league school for stealing the batman suit when adam west came to do a show.

that is ballsy.

yeah i want to say that or yale. i really think it is harvard

Conan is hilarious, but he has a tendency to interrupt his guests compulsively. They'll start to tell a story and he'll interject something that is often funny, but at times you want to tell him to shut up and let them finish. He probably has the best writers in late-night. That's not discounting his comedic ability, but it helps him greatly.

Letterman's show can be slow at times but often he is carrying the show. He is a superb interviewer, you won't find anyone better, and he treats all his guests with respect, you can tell they like being there. He has the most substance I think, his wit is more refined and subtle.

Jimmy Kimmel and Carson Daly don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Letterman, Conan, O'Brien, Leno (I rarely watch him because of Letterman but he is alright, though a little too giddy), and even Kilborn, who has adapted to late-night and carved out his own niche. I haven't seen Tom Green's show so I can't comment.

The End.

Well, I think he only interrupts them alot if they are boring and s***...that's what cool about him though..he makes even a crappy interview with a C or D list guest entertaining with his comedic wit and timing...and I don't think he uses writers when he's in the middle of an interview with a guest and alot of the time that's when he's the funniest..

That stuff seems off the cuff.

On Letter amn, which i really don't watch all that often..but when i do watch it seems he treats his guest with no respect at all...like he's above them or something or he's forcing himself to be nice..but in reality in sometimes feels like he doesn't even want to be there...Maybe that's why he takes all that vacation time off(but that's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong)

About Kimmel..he's only been doing his talk show for about 6 months or whatever.These others have been doing their show for more then 10 years(in Conan's and Leno's case) and Letterman for over 20 years..

Carson Daly only does simple sit down interviews and has musical guests and s***..he really doesn't put on a Comedy/entertainment show..So I really don't bother including him in anything..But I don't think he's that bad an interview(he's not doing worst than anybody else)

Kilborn's an idiot..don't watch his show, and have no interest in doing so

and Leno may be the hardest working guy of all the talk show hosts,..his monologue is corny, but it's aimed at probably the 25-49 year old crowd...I do like Headlines and Jaywalking segments..all the other comedy skits are all crap..

Tom Green does some funny little remote pieces on his show..it's not bad

The End :)

The bottom line is Kimmel is not half as funny when he doesn't have his farting and masturbation jokes to go to all the time. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Man Show and he was good on FOX's NFL pregame, but his show, everytime I've watched it, has been a train wreck. He was always saying um, what are we doing now, oh um alright well here's our next guest...

Maybe I'll watch it again and see if he really has changed that much.

I used to like Letterman more, but he has changed and is not as funny lately. His bits aren't that great.

I'm not a Leno fan. Other than the dog, he has no good bits and is rarely funny.

Kilborn used to be horrible, but he has gotten better. I never watch him because he is on when Tom Green, Conan, and Kimmel are on so he is the 4th choice. I only like his 5 questions, and even that is inconsistent.

Conan is great, #2 by me. Not so great with the interviews. He says funny stuff as spiff said, but he interrupts his guests in the act. Good bits and monologues.

Carson Daly's show blows, period.

I just started watching Tom Green. It's a good show, but still only 3rd choice at his timeslot.

Kimmel is hilarious. He is my favorite because he is just funny. The show used to suck because he was new to it and he had bad guests, but he has been getting better guests and is becoming a pretty good interviewer.

but he has been getting better guests

Uh, really :lol: Kathy Griffen(sp) appeared the other day for the 100th time(I think Adam is tied with her)

I think is gonna take a few years for Jimmy to get A-B stars on his show..Conan has been on for 10 years and still gets crappy guests..but he's in NY and just about all the stars are out in Cali..so you give Conan a break there.

Jimmy is righ smack in the middle of movie star land and still getting C list guests

But I still watch his show..

that is ballsy.

yeah i want to say that or yale. i really think it is harvard

Yep, Harvard

Adam Carolla > Jimmy Kimmel.

Though I like both, I think Adam just edges out Jimmy in the funny department. I loved both from there radio days out here.

Adam > Jimmy on radio

Jimmy > Adam on TV

My opinion, of course...

Conan is my favorite - I am SO glad that Comedy Central is showing the replays during daytime hours. I have to wake up at 4 am every workday, so I'd never see his show otherwise unless I taped it.

I watched Jimmy's show when it first aired and wasn't impressed.

Maybe I'll try it again and see if he got more comfortable.

Johnny Carson was king.

I think you and I both know that Arsenio Hall was the real King. :lol:

Arsenio is a funny man, and I see a lot of similarities between the Arsenio Hall Show and Jimmy Kimmel live.

Both suck at interviews. Neither are great with opening monolougues. But both are so goofy that they make up for these deficincies.

but he has been getting better guests

Uh, really :lol:  Kathy Griffen(sp) appeared the other day for the 100th time(I think Adam is tied with her)

I think is gonna take a few years for Jimmy to get A-B stars on his show..Conan has been on for 10 years and still gets crappy guests..but he's in NY and just about all the stars are out in Cali..so you give Conan a break there.

Jimmy is righ smack in the middle of movie star land and still getting C list guests

But I still watch his show..

He was getting total no names until the summer started. I know he's not getting A-B guests, but C guests is an upgrade from what he had. His best connection is athletes. He tends to be able to get them pretty well. I'm not sure why, but being in LA doesn't hurt and working for Fox NFL pre might have helped that. He's had Roy Jones Jr., Mike Vick, Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Magic Johnson. His show will get better, but I still think it's the funniest one out there. I don't watch a show to see somebody interviewed, that doesn't do anything for me. I want the comedy and that's why I like Kimmel and Conan.