Obama's Approval is Back Above 50%

jasonxctf

Screw drudge. But seriously the difference of a couple of points over a couple days doesn't matter. If a month from now Obama was consistently around 58% or say 45% then that would be interesting. Even then the relevance probably wouldn't be much. All these polls do right now is drive the punditry.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
I wonder if Drudge will run a headline with this news.

Somehow I doubt it.

8 days total south of the 50% line.

Currently at 51-41% in the Gallup Daily Poll.

Hmmm, I wonder what happened to the daily Soxtalk tracking poll we used to have about 20 points ago...

I just want know why we are still in Iraq after he repeatelly said during his campaign we would be out immediately if he happened to become president. Let's not forget and give him a free pass.

Let's rationalize health care. This is an excellent idea. :lolhitting

Let's spend money we do not have. This is an excellent idea. :lolhitting

Let's have more wars with Chinese money. The best of all ideas. :lolhitting

I guess I will have to retire at age 80. Higher taxes are coming down the road for sure and my kids will be picking up the tab too.

Good Bless our leaders!

It's physically impossible to withdraw troops from Iraq immediately, and frankly right now they are coming out as fast as is reasonably possible. They're on a pace to be out entirely by the end of 2011. The whole "16 months" thing was just campaign rhetoric that got ratcheted up between him and Hillary in the primaries and was never seriously going to happen just like the whole "canceling NAFTA" thing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 10:28 AM)
It's physically impossible to withdraw troops from Iraq immediately, and frankly right now they are coming out as fast as is reasonably possible. They're on a pace to be out entirely by the end of 2011. The whole "16 months" thing was just campaign rhetoric that got ratcheted up between him and Hillary in the primaries and was never seriously going to happen just like the whole "canceling NAFTA" thing.

Actually the 16 months referred to active combat brigades and not about the entire presence in Iraq IIRC. The timetable he set out during the campaign is pretty close to what he's doing.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
I just want know why we are still in Iraq after he repeatelly said during his campaign we would be out immediately if he happened to become president. Let's not forget and give him a free pass.

Let's rationalize health care. This is an excellent idea. :lolhitting

Let's spend money we do not have. This is an excellent idea. :lolhitting

Let's have more wars with Chinese money. The best of all ideas. :lolhitting

I guess I will have to retire at age 80. Higher taxes are coming down the road for sure and my kids will be picking up the tab too.

Good Bless our leaders!

LOL

Obama never, ever, said he'd pull everyone out immediately. That would be impossible in any case, as LF said.

And... I assume you meant "ration" health care, not "rationalize", because "rationalize" would be a good thing.

These approval ratings mean a load of nothing. The American people, by and large, aren't keen on viewing an overall body of work to judge. What I mean is, the general attitude of these ratings is not what have you done, but what have you done lately. Another way of putting it is what event have you responded too lately and how did you respond.

In October of 2001, GW's approval rating was around 53%.

Just two weeks later, after responding to the 9/11 attacks, his approval rating was an astounding 90%+.

Think of that.

Now take approval ratings, whether they agree with your favorite candidate or not, and throw them in the trash.

I'm not an Obama fan as many of you know, but Obama deserves to be judge on his overall body of work over 4 years, not on 12 months. The same applies to every former and future President.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
These approval ratings mean a load of nothing. The American people, by and large, aren't keen on viewing an overall body of work to judge. What I mean is, the general attitude of these ratings is not what have you done, but what have you done lately. Another way of putting it is what event have you responded too lately and how did you respond.

In October of 2001, GW's approval rating was around 53%.

Just two weeks later, after responding to the 9/11 attacks, his approval rating was an astounding 90%+.

Think of that.

Now take approval ratings, whether they agree with your favorite candidate or not, and throw them in the trash.

I'm not an Obama fan as many of you know, but Obama deserves to be judge on his overall body of work over 4 years, not on 12 months. The same applies to every former and future President.

What do you know, I agree completely with you. :notworthy

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
What do you know, I agree completely with you. :notworthy

You agreed with me...completely? I believe you just created a paradox which will inevitably lead to the end of life on Earth.

Thought this was an interesting quote from Gibbs considering the topic here and Rex's comment

"If I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said in the morning, off-camera briefing with reporters. "Five days ago there was an eleven-point spread. Now there is a one-point spread. I'm sure a six-year-old with a Crayon could do something not unlike that."

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/1...t-historic-low/

The jumps up and down do seem a little weird. I remember Canada had three day tracking polls during elections and the day to day stuff never had such big jumps.