Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Brian @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
I like Russell, but as many times as he plays Survivor, he will make the finals and never win. That said, he had a huge advantage this season because his season was airing when they were taping this one, so nobody saw him and if he does come back, he'll be gone right away.

That stare Rupert gave Russell was deadly. Not sure how he knew Russell voted for him because they never showed the 4th vote and I only saw it during the credits.

Parvati in black stretch pants rules!

I think Russell deserved to win last time because the only way he (or anyone from his tribe) could have made it to the end is to play like he did. They went into the merge at a huge disadvantage and with anyone else but Russell they would have been toast. The other tribe should have respected that, but instead they were just bitter. This time around I think Parvarti deserves to win, but whether or not she will is yet to be seen.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ May 14, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
It'll never work for Firefly :(

I really liked season one. Haven't gotten around to season 2 yet. But if you do like Better Off Ted, check out Andy Richter Controls the Universe. Very similar show, but with Andy Richter! (and Conan in an episode, which is awesome)

I cant stand Andy Richter though, might check out the episode with Conan.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 15, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Went from "Rescue Me" to "True Blood" and now onto "Weeds" in my summer viewing catch up marathons. "Weeds" is awesome.

Indeed. Although I read the actress that plays Celia will no longer be on the show.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
I think there's a 3 year statute of limitations on spoilers. You're way past that window.

Consider it a favor, from you to me. I'll give you the internetz

Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer go to jail for a year

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 16, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
Survivor continues to pull me in, than proves, every year, that it is a flawed show where the best player rarely wins.

When it came down to the final three, I was torn as to who deserved to win this season, Russell or Parvarti. Then the votes come in and the only undeserving person sitting there wins. Sandra wasn't a total coatailer rider like Natalie last season, but there is no way that she played better than the other two. I would like to hear some of their reasons for voting Sandra over Parvarti. Russel I can understand, but Parvarti played the best game that someone in her position could play and still lost. I guess the trick to winning the game is to do basically nothing, hope that luck brings you to the end, and since you didn't offend anyone they will all vote for you. I have no faith in the jury system anymore after this.

The best player at winning the game was Sandra. The best players at controlling the game were Parvarti and Russel.

The problem was that Russel does not understand how to win at survivor, not only that but at the end he gets so arrogant that he may have cost himself 2 titles. In his first season he should have taken some one besides Natalie, but Russel thought the jury would only care about who played "the better game".

You would have thought in his second go around, Russel would have realized that some times winning is about not making enemies. Parvarti tried to tell Russel that Sandra was a threat and that they shouldnt take her to the final 3, but Russel wouldnt listen. You had to figure Sandra was going to get a good portion of the Hero vote because she was the only person who tried to take down Russel.

I thought Parvarti had a shot, but knew Russel would probably not get a single vote. I actually think Parvarti deserved to win the most out of the 3 of them, just because every week she was one of the top targets. Even Russel considered getting rid of her.

The reason why they voted for Sandra was because she was the only player who tried to stand up to Russel. In the end the heroes realized that had they listened to Sandra they would have had a chance to win. She was the only person from the Boston Rob alliance to last, and through out the game she made only 1 real enemy, Russel.

Its the same reason that Colby couldnt have been in the last group. If you are a villain and you want to win, you better make sure the 2 other people up there are villains or people no one likes. Jerri, Parvarti and Russel was Russel's best chance. He only can blame himself.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
The best player at winning the game was Sandra. The best players at controlling the game were Parvarti and Russel.

The problem was that Russel does not understand how to win at survivor, not only that but at the end he gets so arrogant that he may have cost himself 2 titles. In his first season he should have taken some one besides Natalie, but Russel thought the jury would only care about who played "the better game".

You would have thought in his second go around, Russel would have realized that some times winning is about not making enemies. Parvarti tried to tell Russel that Sandra was a threat and that they shouldnt take her to the final 3, but Russel wouldnt listen. You had to figure Sandra was going to get a good portion of the Hero vote because she was the only person who tried to take down Russel.

I thought Parvarti had a shot, but knew Russel would probably not get a single vote. I actually think Parvarti deserved to win the most out of the 3 of them, just because every week she was one of the top targets. Even Russel considered getting rid of her.

The reason why they voted for Sandra was because she was the only player who tried to stand up to Russel. In the end the heroes realized that had they listened to Sandra they would have had a chance to win. She was the only person from the Boston Rob alliance to last, and through out the game she made only 1 real enemy, Russel.

Its the same reason that Colby couldnt have been in the last group. If you are a villain and you want to win, you better make sure the 2 other people up there are villains or people no one likes. Jerri, Parvarti and Russel was Russel's best chance. He only can blame himself.

I'm with you on most of that. I don't think Russell should have won this season (although I think he should have won last season). I think Parvarti should have won. Sandra basically got credit for failing. She tried to get rid of Russel and align with the heroes, but she failed. The only reason she was there is because Russell thought she didn't do anything, which she basically didn't. Parvarti made key moves that actually worked, and didn't create enemies as much as Russell did. Her only mistake in the game was aligning herself with Russell, but if she didn't there is no way she makes it anywhere close to the end. Everyone was gunning for her and it was the only move she could make to stay in the game. I feel that she played the perfect game for the position that she was in and lost to someone totally undeserving. And as far as Russell changing his game this time around, he played back to back seasons, so he didn't know that he had lost last season yet, as the finale for that was after the taping of the most recent season.

And as far as Russell changing his game this time around, he played back to back seasons, so he didn't know that he had lost last season yet, as the finale for that was after the taping of the most recent season.

Interesting, I didnt know that.

I think that Sandra going after Russel is why she won. Sure she failed, but the only reason she did was that the people on the jury were to stupid to listen. Voting for her was their final chance at redemption against Russel.

Russel should have never brought Sandra to the final 3, it would have been interesting if it was Jerri, Parvarti and Russel, but I still think that group leads to a Russel loss.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 17, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
Interesting, I didnt know that.

I think that Sandra going after Russel is why she won. Sure she failed, but the only reason she did was that the people on the jury were to stupid to listen. Voting for her was their final chance at redemption against Russel.

Russel should have never brought Sandra to the final 3, it would have been interesting if it was Jerri, Parvarti and Russel, but I still think that group leads to a Russel loss.

Well yeah, then Parvarti wins, which is probably who should have won. The jury would vote for anyone over Russell.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
and the last scene had a guy who's baggage was "a Cub Fan" haha

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I saw that. Ha

I made my post before I saw the part with Barney in the theatre. Awesome.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
Anyone else as big of a fan of "The Big Bang Theory" as I am?

Last weeks episode had me in stitches.

Love it. This week looks awesome as a flashback episode.