Hank Blalock

simba43

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
I'd take his final totals as long as he plays plus defense in CF which I'm sure he will.

Sox fans remember his poor play for us, even though he really picked it up at the end. He hit .333 / 2HR / 5 RBI / 3SB over his last 10.

He will be the everyday CF as things are now. Unless something crazy happens in the outfield involving TCQ, that isn't going to change.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
For that kind of money...I want at least an .800 OPS out of him. There's no reason why we can't get better than that.

I'd want to see more like an .830 or higher OPS for that kind of money. But if he puts up his 2008 numbers (.798 OPS, 47 2B, 32 SB), I'll be more than satisfied.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
I'd want to see more like an .830 or higher OPS for that kind of money. But if he puts up his 2008 numbers (.798 OPS, 47 2B, 32 SB), I'll be more than satisfied.

I don't mind overpaying a little bit given the hole we've had there and the fact that he's going to grab a bunch of steals as well, so I'll say I'm happy with an .800 OPS. But frankly, coming from Torotno to the Cell, he ought to see a spike in his HR numbers and an OPS above what he's done in the past...if last year was truly a fluke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
I don't mind overpaying a little bit given the hole we've had there and the fact that he's going to grab a bunch of steals as well, so I'll say I'm happy with an .800 OPS. But frankly, coming from Torotno to the Cell, he ought to see a spike in his HR numbers and an OPS above what he's done in the past...if last year was truly a fluke.

Yeah, I would stay that's a good call. Rios is never gonna be a make or break guy here. He just needs to reach his career norms and he would be a nice mid level contributor for the Sox the next few years.

As a complete package, if he hits .280 / .780 OPS / 20 SBs, he's good for 2 to 3 wins a year.

QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:15 AM)
the reason i feel they might trade him is because he had a down year also he was hurt and he is a risk . also if you look the Rangers have a lot of OFS even in there system there deep especially left handed hitters . but i admit it would cost us something but he would still be cheaper then UPTON and much more cheaper then AGON . i admit i don't know his true value and if say Hudson and another prospect could do it or is Hudson to much to trade but i do think we can get him for a package of prospects .

I'm 95% sure that KW would trade Hudson and other lower tier prospects (maybe even Jordan Danks) for Josh Hamilton.

Eric Hinske is another bat to keep an eye on him, he's more of what I expect from the way things have been going...hopefully the sum of all the parts working together in 2010 will be much greater than how they look individually.

QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 04:15 AM)
the reason i feel they might trade him is because he had a down year also he was hurt and he is a risk . also if you look the Rangers have a lot of OFS even in there system there deep especially left handed hitters . but i admit it would cost us something but he would still be cheaper then UPTON and much more cheaper then AGON . i admit i don't know his true value and if say Hudson and another prospect could do it or is Hudson to much to trade but i do think we can get him for a package of prospects .

The Rangers will NOT trade Hamilton. First off, most of his injuries are related to playing ALL OUT as a center fielder. So, to hopefully help prevent those injuries, they are moving him to Left or Right, I forget which one exactly. Secondly, he is cheap. They are not going to get that much potential at the plate and in the field for such a small salary elsewhere. Finally, even though he slipped up last year, he is still a feel-good story here. Texas is part of the bible-belt, and Texans like stories like his where he is turning his life around and preaching the word. So, that helps at the box office, which, given the teams finances, they need.

GO SOX!

QUOTE (SoxFanInDallas @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
The Rangers will NOT trade Hamilton. First off, most of his injuries are related to playing ALL OUT as a center fielder. So, to hopefully help prevent those injuries, they are moving him to Left or Right, I forget which one exactly. Secondly, he is cheap. They are not going to get that much potential at the plate and in the field for such a small salary elsewhere. Finally, even though he slipped up last year, he is still a feel-good story here. Texas is part of the bible-belt, and Texans like stories like his where he is turning his life around and preaching the word. So, that helps at the box office, which, given the teams finances, they need.

GO SOX!

Well, there's no doubt Hamilton having an MVP type year individually means more to the Rangers than for Quentin to do that on a "so-so" or .500 White Sox team.