Just heard this on ESPNews...Cub/Dodger trade

witesoxfan

I just heard that the Cubs, somehow, some way, convinced the Dodgers to take on Todd Hundley...the Cubs get Eric Karros and Mark Grudzielanek...obviously a cost cutting move, but this also now allows the Cubs to go out and sign IRod. Not only that, but they have backup options in case Hill and Choi fall on their faces....and for backups, they're pretty damn good.

This only makes me think that the Cubs are actually going in the right direction. If we want to win a World Series before them, we are going to have to kick it in gear in the next couple years. That team is actually starting to scare me...they are like the f***ing Yanks..they are spending money up the butt like it grows on trees. You don't suppose the Trib actually wants to win, do you?

LOL, I just noticed your signature.

as far as that deal, good one for Cubs.

Hundley is a bust out and the Dodgers are dumb. you not only see how bad Hundley, but the fact that he's making 6 mil a year and is the third catcher on the Cubs.

good move by the cubs though, IF IT HAPPENS.

I think the cubs are trying to win, but their offense are bullpen are still people away. they need a closer and 2 more hitters.

right now, they'll compete for the division.

Originally posted by Kempers

This is the ugliest deal in baseball history.  All 3 of these guys are old, washed up, and have nasty contracts.  Trade doesn't really accomplish much other than shifting money around.

I'd have to agree with that for the most part. That was basically the point of the whole deal too.

Great move by both teams. I don't know where Karros will fit. I suspect that the Cubs will move him.

Still Grudzilanek is a decent 2nd baseman. The Cubs took on payroll and so did the Dodgers. The Dodgers always did like Hundley though, he produced very well for him there.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Looks who's the GM for LA, Evans.

Now, which trade is worse today, the Dodgers or ours? Easy answer, the Dodgers trade is atrocious.

I'm with you. Reason being, the Dodgers gave up two serviceable players for one really crappy player and I think dollar wise the deal is about the same for both teams.

Mark is a decent 2nd baseman or shortstop and has plenty of versatility. If you look at his offensive numbers, minus this season, you'll see that the guy is a very good hitting infielder and an everyday player. Then look at Karros and he's a serviceable first baseman, nothing special, but he does a good job, and when healthy he's pretty good.

If I had known that we could of at least been agreeing on something for the past year.

He lucked out on getting Odalis Perez for Sheffield, but I'll give him credit for that, but man oh man, Brian Jordan sucks.

I don't even want to get started when it comes to talking about what they gave up to get Shuey. They gave up their two top prospects for a mid reliever.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well the hundley part of this makes no sense what so ever... he flat out sucks... but the moving money around does make sense.... now they can sign frank.........and he can play the infield like he wants to.......maybe evans isnt so dumb afterall.........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

well the hundley part of this makes no sense what so ever... he flat out sucks... but the moving money around does make sense.... now they can sign frank.........and he can play the infield like he wants to.......maybe evans isnt so dumb afterall.........

Fox has told the Dodgers not to add salary. Also, Brian Jordan wants out and he's requested to be dealt, which is a right he has.

Plus, its not like they really freed a ton of money up. They got a good amount in return, just like the Cubs did.

Lol, I do think he'll do a lot better in LA. Lets face it, he hated playing day games and he hated hearing crap for the fans. It wasn't like the guy wasn't trying, you could tell he wa trying by all the wind he was sending up to the stands. He wasn't sitting their looking at all those strikeouts. :metal

Guest hotsoxchick1

if he can stay sober long enough or even show up once in a while for that matter lol....he may do good out there who knows.... i still think theres more to come out of this than meets the eye........

I heard that both Karros and Grudzielanek are in the last year of their contracts, while Hundley has another after 2003, so if the Cubs are stuck with them, they're only stuck with them for one year.

Karros could be good insurance against the failure of Hee Sop Choi. I hear that "Hee Sop" means "Strike Out" in Korean, by the way...