2010 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 31, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
I was irked the Titans didn't pull one of the natioanl seeds, but after seeing the regional draw they got I'm ok with not being a top 8 seed.

sup

:P

Edited by Felix

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
Is Wittles a legit prospect or just a decent player putting together a great season and streak?

Also, from the little I've seen, he won't be able to stick at SS. Doesn't seem to have the range.

Im pretty sure he was terrible his freshman season, so who knows.. ide tend to lean more towards hes just having a great season/streak..

UCONN just went down to Oregon in a heart-breaking elimination game at the regional. Looks like i'm back to rooting for whatever team has the guy the White Sox are going to pick in the 1st round to make it through the CWS. It's worked for Georgia and LSU in the past.

The NCAA should be ashamed for the attendance at the UConn regional. Announced 2291 for UConns last game (people watching it online said it was closer to 600, but I can't confirm). That's pathetic, especially for a stadium that holds more than 6,000. The NCAA should have known this was coming with UConn have under 700 people at their last home game. Yet you still reward a two seed with a hosting bid? At the very least they should have had at least 3 of the teams within driving distance, not FSU and O traveling that far.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
The NCAA should be ashamed for the attendance at the UConn regional. Announced 2291 for UConns last game (people watching it online said it was closer to 600, but I can't confirm). That's pathetic, especially for a stadium that holds more than 6,000. The NCAA should have known this was coming with UConn have under 700 people at their last home game. Yet you still reward a two seed with a hosting bid? At the very least they should have had at least 3 of the teams within driving distance, not FSU and O traveling that far.

The NCAA admitted that they choose UCONN in attempts to showcase college baseball to that area. That's really the only reason a northern team outside of the Pac-10 should ever host a regional. Problem is that when you do that, you usually cant find enough quality teams from the area to send to that regional. So a southern team will be forced to bite the bullet.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
i havent followed nearly as much this year as in years past, but vandy advances on walk off safety squeeze vs. louisville....will face florida state

I'm happy we'll host. I'm debating about driving back up for the games.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
The NCAA admitted that they choose UCONN in attempts to showcase college baseball to that area. That's really the only reason a northern team outside of the Pac-10 should ever host a regional. Problem is that when you do that, you usually cant find enough quality teams from the area to send to that regional. So a southern team will be forced to bite the bullet.

As opposed to a team like Missouri going to California often. The geography sucks, there is no way around it. Multiple teams get shipped half way across the country every year.

Crazy FSU/Vandy game. FSU went up 6-0 in the first 2 frames then Vandy chipped away and tied it. Later they took the lead twice with FSU responding both times. Mike McGee hit the walk off in the bottom of the 9th. Our pitching sucks though so I'm definitely worried about tomorrow.

Also, Go Canes tonight!!!!

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 27, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
This team is so frustrating. I really cant wait until the season is over.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 28, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
^ for the Noles

I'll miss Holt and McGee though.

Poor babies made the super regionals. Whoa is me, can't wait until we're not winning a regional. Wha wha wha :crying

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Poor babies made the super regionals. Whoa is me, can't wait until we're not winning a regional. Wha wha wha :crying

I guess we're spoiled but it's been a very frustrating season for Miami and FSU. The talent is there but for some reason the offenses and pitching has not clicked at the same time this year.

I dont like our chances at Florida this weekend. Since our number 2 went down for the season, our starting pitching has been pretty bad outside of Hernandez.

Statistically this is one of the worst teams we've had. Our schools both have high expectations and when we don't perform to certain standards it is frustrating. Couple that with it being my senior year, I had even higher expectations. I really believe this is the worst teams we've had in the past 4 (still good though, just compare). Look at the drafted players, or lack there of. We really got a lucky draw too for our regional despite being on the road. I still love the team, but their play is sometimes frustrating to watch.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
You guys are talking like the season is over and you're in the super regionals. You should be excited your underachieving team is still alive.

We definitely both are. Those comments you quoted came directly after a sweep by Clemson for us and us getting beat pretty badly by Miami in the first game of the ACC tournament. BC rallying against Miami was a huge spark for us as it gave us new life and now the whole team picked it up (sans the pitching). We are one win away from Omaha and I will seriously consider traveling up there if we make it.

lol, Miami got hosed last night.

Bases loaded, 2 outs in a 0-0 game in the third. UF guy hits a low line drive to our SS and he catches it to his backhand about a foot off the ground. His glove wasnt even touching the dirt. The ump rules it a trap and everyone is safe. Next batter singles and its 3-0. Just brutal.

Now we did lose 7-2 so we might have lost regardless but that was still huge.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:58 AM)
lol, Miami got hosed last night.

Bases loaded, 2 outs in a 0-0 game in the third. UF guy hits a low line drive to our SS and he catches it to his backhand about a foot off the ground. His glove wasnt even touching the dirt. The ump rules it a trap and everyone is safe. Next batter singles and its 3-0. Just brutal.

Now we did lose 7-2 so we might have lost regardless but that was still huge.

Couldn't believe it when I saw it last night. It wasn't really that close. If he knew he didn't catch it, it wasn't a tough play and he could have thrown it to first easily. It seems like the ump took forever to call it too, wasn't he already making his way to the dugout?

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
sup

:P

Haha. Your ace did his job though. He's a real good Friday starter with a nice MLB future. It has been super hard following from out of the country but I've been lucky to find a couple sports bars to catch some of my Titans post-season games.

Hopefully Renken can do his thing tonight against UCLA and we can head back to Omaha!!!

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
As opposed to a team like Missouri going to California often. The geography sucks, there is no way around it. Multiple teams get shipped half way across the country every year.

Haha. YOu've had to meet the Titans enough time over the past couple years. Than again, so has UCLA and I'm hoping after today they will be disposed of :)

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
Couldn't believe it when I saw it last night. It wasn't really that close. If he knew he didn't catch it, it wasn't a tough play and he could have thrown it to first easily. It seems like the ump took forever to call it too, wasn't he already making his way to the dugout?

Yeah, he had already jogged a few steps towards the dugout. The commentators were ripping on the kid for not throwing it to first but he knew it wasnt close to the ground so he didnt think he needed to.