3.3 million and counting...

Heads22

I also admit to being mr1drfl. I was just kinda mad and needed to blow off some steam so no one really liked that character much anyways. Southsider, you can eliminate that name from its lone win in the PTC contest. I am done using that name so you dont have to ban it or anything...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

581 members have never posted. Thats 63% of the board population. Some of these might just not have gotten around to posting yet but some aint coming back. One member, lacikay, joined as the eighth member on Sept 1st last year and he hasnt posted once. He probably saw only seven others and decided, unfortunately, that this wasnt worth it. We must find a way to encourage these people to join in on the fun.

OTOH, we have 41 members with 1000 posts atleast. 17 with 2000. Thats pretty good I think. Right now, poster number 50 is mac9001 with 704. I think we could have 50 with 1000 by the end of October...

I think a big part of that is that lots of people register multiple times for some reason. There are people who registered 5-10 variations on the same name. I think that ratio is kinda off because of all of the false positive members that we have on there. I would bet about 2/3's of registrees have posted at sometime. heck just looking at the 50 newest registrees, there are 5 baseball4's and freaks that registered at the sametime, and 27 different registrations in a row that all look like the same person starting with hurtme, then adding numbers, then adding variations to those and continuing on and on. So the member number total is misleading IMO.

I agree. Can someone tell me. Way back when there was about a 2 week period when there was an error in the coding (Caused by me) that led to you receiving an error when you registered that said the user name wasn't available.

Even though it gave you the error, the name was available and it registered you as that. After a few weeks work I solved the problem, at least on my end, but for those of you that have registered lately, have you gotten that error?

Cause when I see someone register numerous times at once I typically think of that error and try a test register and then delete it, but I haven't ran into the error.

Thanks

581 members have never posted. Thats 63% of the board population. Some of these might just not have gotten around to posting yet but some aint coming back. One member, lacikay, joined as the eighth member on Sept 1st last year and he hasnt posted once. He probably saw only seven others and decided, unfortunately, that this wasnt worth it. We must find a way to encourage these people to join in on the fun.

OTOH, we have 41 members with 1000 posts atleast. 17 with 2000. Thats pretty good I think. Right now, poster number 50 is mac9001 with 704. I think we could have 50 with 1000 by the end of October...

I think a big part of that is that lots of people register multiple times for some reason. There are people who registered 5-10 variations on the same name. I think that ratio is kinda off because of all of the false positive members that we have on there. I would bet about 2/3's of registrees have posted at sometime. heck just looking at the 50 newest registrees, there are 5 baseball4's and freaks that registered at the sametime, and 27 different registrations in a row that all look like the same person starting with hurtme, then adding numbers, then adding variations to those and continuing on and on. So the member number total is misleading IMO.

Thats what I said...

I agree. Can someone tell me. Way back when there was about a 2 week period when there was an error in the coding (Caused by me) that led to you receiving an error when you registered that said the user name wasn't available.

Even though it gave you the error, the name was available and it registered you as that. After a few weeks work I solved the problem, at least on my end, but for those of you that have registered lately, have you gotten that error?

Cause when I see someone register numerous times at once I typically think of that error and try a test register and then delete it, but I haven't ran into the error.

Thanks

It did that for me several times when I tried to create mr1drfl. Then I finally gave up and it said at the bottom of the new page that our newest member was mr1drfl. So Im guessing this is what happened. Someone comes and tries to create a simple name (hurtme) and its already taken. So he starts adding numbers. He tries like 27 different times and finally gives up. Then a mod fixed it and it simultaneously created all these different SNs. Unfortunately the guy probably got pissed and left so hell never post under any of those names... :(

I also admit to being mr1drfl. I was just kinda mad and needed to blow off some steam so no one really liked that character much anyways. Southsider, you can eliminate that name from its lone win in the PTC contest. I am done using that name so you dont have to ban it or anything...

So you were the one who said all people who work in banking/finance are "unintelligent" and that they can "go f*** themselves"..?

Also said females that pose in magazines are "idiots"?

Interesting.

Now when you ask the question about why is it different when you say stuff about a player, vs other people, read this post, and you have your answer.

Im going to start a list. Im going to root out all posters with similar names. Im talking the three dontburnpig variations we have. Or several names that are very similar. Like all the names using grepps and ottondo recently. Also, Im just going thru the member list by join date so when something similar shows up and it turns out they joined two minutes from eachother Im most likely gonna link em. When Im done, Im going to eliminate all the extras on those names and try to get a good estimate of how many different people really post here:

3 variations of baseball4life

2 baseballfreak

8 involving grepps or ottondo (Im ruling these as one and the same)

2 variations of tray

2 richson

3 dontburnpig

11 hurtme

2 sirotkas

4 scrambles (random assortment of letters, this group joined at 4:27, 4:28, 4:28 and 4:33 AM on July 24 so Im saying one and the same)

5 DMarte

2 Go Blackhawks

3 Got/Need cork?

2 Sox fanatics

2 StepsinSC

4 cheaters/soxcheat/soxsuckbosox4life/bostonfan that joined during a three hour span so Im saying one and the same

4 Britney Spears

4 ripped

2 missy

2 thisistheyear

3 southsidaz/swingaz from da southside

4 yankswin/yanks4life

4 voteforfrank

2 BigIrish

6 beefmeister jagerbomb

5 swingaz/sluggaz/sidaz (possibly linked to the earlier southsidaz)

2 Chicago Sports 22

2 agaughan

2 since Fisk

4 orbis

8 speedkilz

4 ventura fans

2 bayareasoxfan

2 BenW

2 Illiniguys

4 BHBEGOOD (been creating other names eh be good?)

2 cotts

2 southsidepride

3 supersox

3 soxlady

2 southpaw

3 laurito

3 shortstuff

2 armorsquare

8 nellie fox

2 carusoat

2 ugly whines

2 brutto la bastardo (whoa)

2 unkempt drifter

2 Appling Spirit

3 boog alou

2 sparkman

2 cortisonshot

2 wilburaga

2 gopalehose

2 foxie59

4 soxpunk

3 pastime

2 assasin

2 1990 White Sox

3 cblaze

2 keaddy

2 tucson

3 white sox 61382

2 maggs for mayor

6 daveb

5 BSox

3 ebarajas

2 qb4363

2 right wing conspiracy

4 bbrichard

2 big e

2 Paco

6 cameron barnish

3 monster cock/ biginthepants (ugh)

2 marsh

2 Bridge Port Joe

2 JDB

5 john does

2 mr hobbs

2 MAGGS1

2 jason was here

2 figiwiji

5 DJ4MVP

OK, Ill finish this later. Ive gotta take a break...

Im sorry. OK? I apologize. I didnt mean what I said, I was just being stubborn. And southsider, could you explain your last post? I dont understand...

Simply put nobody takes you seriously because of things just like this. People on here have their opinions and debate them and basically stick to why they do. Most people don't get personal and direct insults at those they argue with (there are some big exceptions, but that is another time and place) They don't go off on people because they insult their favorite player, and make up fake screen names to "blow off steam" and in the meantime insult and degrade people while hiding behind that name. Now do you understand?

I'm intrigued more then anything else..

Makes me wonder who else uses this brilliant posting technique...

Well I, for one, am not one of them; when I make bold, idiotic statements I at least do it under this name.

I'm intrigued more then anything else..

Makes me wonder who else uses this brilliant posting technique...

Well I, for one, am not one of them; when I make bold, idiotic statements I at least do it under this name.

:cheers

I'm gonna work on getting to the bottom of that registration error before i leave on my trip.

I also think its pretty safe to say most people just post under one moniker. I'd say 98%. Some may of registered under multiple, but thats gonna be because of an error while others may forget their info so they re-register.

Well exceptions are obvious, if someone has two ID's as an obvious joke, or because of a registration error that is one thing, but for the people who do it for malicious purposes, there is no excuse and it should not be tolerated. Offenders should be banned, IMO.

Well exceptions are obvious, if someone has two ID's as an obvious joke, or because of a registration error that is one thing, but for the people who do it for malicious purposes, there is no excuse and it should not be tolerated.  Offenders should be banned, IMO.

and how is that going to happen?

That's the number of hits Soxtalk has so far this month....that's pretty damn good. :headbang

You guys kick ass.  :headbang  :canada  :usa

And I think it's pretty safe to say all of Soxtalk's success this month and over all has alot to do with a certain member here who's adored by all, his a leader to alot of you, and maybe the smartest poster on these boards....His contribution to this site has been matched by none and others have taken note of this and is trying to emulate his greatness to succeed on their own accord..

He gives them motivation to post, motivation to make soxtalk.com the best of the best....Who is this member?? You guys probably are thinking it's Jas!!! YEAH!!!! :headbang

jas for governor.

and all this while i thought you were talking about me, i was blushing. :lol:

what is the yrly total so far.