Very good story on Mitchell/Pierre mentoring

caulfield12

Fair enough...

I just thought there were some good details and insights into his life and personality that people would be interested in.

Kind of like telling someone to go see Avatar...very poorly-written script and dialogue, but the overall effect of spending time watching it (or in this case reading), is worth your time.

We're never going to see Pulitzer Prize winning caliber writing from the majority of sports writers, Telander, Rick Reilly and Posnanski are three of my favorites though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Fair enough...

I just thought there were some good details and insights into his life and personality that people would be interested in.

Kind of like telling someone to go see Avatar...very poorly-written script and dialogue, but the overall effect of spending time watching it (or in this case reading), is worth your time.

We're never going to see Pulitzer Prize winning caliber writing from the majority of sports writers, Telander, Rick Reilly and Posnanski are three of my favorites though.

true. Thats why I said thanks for posting. I liked the quotes.

But he was so sloppy in weaving in and out of the football and baseball anecdotes, and I don't like how he doesn't explicitly say mitchell was a receiver, he was trying to be too cute.

Thanks, great article, very excited about Mitchell!!

I agree about being excited. He does have good tools with regards to seed and possibly contact. If he shows flashes of good plate discipline and contact that should translate into a plus .350 OBP in ST which should be a good start at this level. But I honestly think if he gets lucky and makes it t AA in the 2nd half of this year he is on a good track.

• 2 weeks later...