4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Still a significant improvement over last night.

yeah ...i meant on the year .....the umps were terrible last night....for both teams

how long til we give JD a call?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Vizquel picked off after trying to GIDP. At least Alexei gets to see a few extra pitches.

doesnt matter how many pitches he see's, if it isnt straight then he's not touching it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Let's squander every chance we get! A savvy play by the veteran. I ask again, why isn't Nix playing against the LHP?

For all we know it could have been a steal on first movement.

But hey, lets all just jump to conclusions just so we can complain about anything and everything.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Alexei's getting some practice on fielding and throwing on the run on choppers up the middle.

I think he will be a very decent SS defensively, seems like he is doing things right already. I know its only been few games but last half of 09 and now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
For all we know it could have been a steal on first movement.

But hey, lets all just jump to conclusions just so we can complain about anything and everything.

No, you're right, let's not question it when we run ourselves out of an inning. We should be diplomatic about failure.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
I think he will be a very decent SS defensively, seems like he is doing things right already. I know its only been few games but last half of 09 and now.

He just has to keep his head in the game. It's really that simple.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
JD is going to have to throw 0's the rest of the way. Looks like Liriano's FB velocity is back to where it was in 2006.

doesnt matter what his velocity is we still will make him look like a cy young pitcher

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)

I know from watching pretty much every non-WCIU Sox game last year, that Alexei's main problem (which caused a lot of his throws to be erratic to 1B) was that he never made his own hops, he would never charge a ball. He would always wait for the ball to him, often backing himself up in the process, ultimately making his throws to 1B flat-footed

If he could start making his own hops, i think we'll see a lot less throws by Alexei where he has too much time to think about it