4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Well that's about when I realized it. Last year was my first about face on Ozzie since he's been here.

yeah normally i've agreed with ozzie but running him out there all the time was insane

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Might as well just trade Nix for a minor league arm or something, because if Beckham gets hurt, Omar will be starting over him.

didn't ozzie kind of hint at not wanting him or lillibridge during spring training?

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
didn't ozzie kind of hint at not wanting him or lillibridge during spring training?

Yes, and as we know with Ozzie, if he doesn't really like someone, they're basically worthless on the roster.

A great offense still wouldn't be able to do much with Romero tonight, but I know they wouldn't be getting no-hit with 8 strikeouts in 4 innings. This is what's gonna happen to us this year when we face really good pitching. Verlander is going to frustrate the hell out of us this year

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
A great offense still wouldn't be able to do much with Romero tonight, but I know they wouldn't be getting no-hit with 8 strikeouts in 4 innings. This is what's gonna happen to us this year when we face really good pitching. Verlander is going to frustrate the hell out of us this year

a better approach at the plate might help...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
It's pretty obvious that Nix needs to be in AAA getting regular at-bats (if he's not claimed by another team...which is unlikely) because Ozzie's almost always going to go with Kotsay, Jones and Vizquel over the younger player.

Nix is out of options, he can't be sent down. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved for a lefty-arm, he's a guy that deserves to play 2nd somewhere, and with Beckham's era just getting started, he's not going to get that chance. I'd ship him off, call up Retherford, and DFA RAANDNDNY!!!

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)

Before last year, we crushed Verlander. And he hasn't looked very good at all thus far against Cleveland and Kansas City. If he gets fastball happy, we can murder him.

Although with the way the offense has been this season...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Nix is out of options, he can't be sent down. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved for a lefty-arm, he's a guy that deserves to play 2nd somewhere, and with Beckham's era just getting started, he's not going to get that chance. I'd ship him off, call up Retherford, and DFA RAANDNDNY!!!

i agree retherford was stroking the ball yesterday against Norfolk.....and i never did like the AAA Williams

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:08 AM)
Before last year, we crushed Verlander. And he hasn't looked very good at all thus far against Cleveland and Kansas City. If he gets fastball happy, we can murder him.

Although with the way the offense has been this season...

Be interesting if anyone picks up Thome's role as the Verlander-killer, as well as Pods role as the Greinke-killer

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Keeping us in the game..hitters need to have a better game plan against Romero.

If someone doesn't look first-pitch curveball this inning I'm turning the game off, no excuse for that s***.