Andruw Jones

soreal35

I was one of the first, and most vocal supporters of Jones. I've been screaming that he should be in the outfield and in the lineup everyday, ever since Spring Training. I'm still hoping that he continues to play well, but for a different reason. Now I'm thinking that he might net us a decent prospect at the trade deadline.

Let's face it, if Jones has a big year, he'll want more money than the Sox will be willing to give him, and if he has a bad year, well then they won't want him. However, it he's playing well, and with that contract of his, he could help someone who is in serious contention this year.

I know that it's too early to be talking about a "white flag" sale, but if this pathetic team doesn't get it going pretty quickly, maybe they should deal anyone of value, who is not under contract for next season. and maybe sooner rather than later. That includes Jenks.

Edited by Lillian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
I am now friends with him on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php...6399&ref=ts

And apparently im friends with Andruw's cousin... and because I dont believe his "cousin" when he told me that, I am invited to a family bbq this summer. Ill be sure to eat Andruw's portion. You know, for the good of the team lol

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Jones appears decent, but it's kinda laughable if he's our big bopper (behind Paulie and maybe CQ).

Its not laughable at all, even with his ONE pathetic season hes still a guy who averages 33 HRs and 99 RBI a season in his career..

He hit 17 HRs in 82 games last year and is already showing so far this year the power is still here.. sometimes I think you just dislike certain players to dislike them and completely ignore numbers..