Trade rumors for today from

Joel

We aren't involved in any of them even though Gammons said we are intrested in Boone and Suppan

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

J.D. Drew

Cardinals

Marlins

Mariners

A's

Padres Jul. 30 - The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reiterated its report of Tuesday of a potential three-way deal to send Drew to the Marlins and Pirates' right-hander Jeff Suppan to St. Louis. However, the paper now suggests the Marlins might need to ensure the Cardinals get an additional pitcher, as well.

However, the Newark Star-Ledger indicates the Marlins-Pirates-Cardinals deal is losing steam and suggests a different three-way deal involving Drew, one that appeared to have died a while ago, is back in play. The paper reports the A's still covet Drew and still want to funnell Kelvim Escobar from Toronto to St. Louis in exchange for Drew.

Still another report suggests the Marlins and Cardinals could work a deal to send a starting pitcher and all-star second baseman Luis Castillo to St. Louis for Drew and second baseman Bo Hart.

If the Cards don't like any of those deals, they could have a couple of others to choose from. Drew also has been mentioned in possible deals with the Mariners (for Freddy Garcia) and Padres (for Kevin Jarvis).

Jason Kendall

Pirates

Padres Jul. 30 - Talks between the Pirates and Padres continue, reports the San Diego Union-Tribune, but the clubs remain far apart on how to split the remaining $42 million on Kendall's contract. Pittsburgh reportedly is willing to eat up to $10 million of that sum, but the Padres indicate they need more relief.

Sidney Ponson

Orioles

Cardinals

Astros

Braves

Giants

Mariners

Red Sox Jul. 30 - Having still not received a counter-proposal from Ponson to their offer of a contract extension, the Orioles are listening more intently to inquiries from other teams about the right-hander. The Baltimore Sun reports the team isn't calling other teams to shop Ponson, but they are taking seriously interest expressed by the Braves, Astros and Red Sox.

Previously, the Sun reported the Cardinals were willing to deal J.D. Drew for Ponson, but Wednesday's report suggested St. Louis was eyeing the Orioles' Pat Hentgen instead. The Washington Post adds San Francisco, Seattle and Boston to the list of teams interested in Ponson.

Kelvim Escobar

Blue Jays

Cardinals

Giants

Red Sox Jul. 30 - Escobar's name is showing up in more and more possible trades as the deadline approaches, and a number of scouts were in Toronto on Tuesday to see him pitch against the Devil Rays.

The Cardinals and Giants were among those scouting the right-hander Tuesday, and reports indicate the potential three-way deal between the Cardinals, A's and Blue Jays is back on the table. The Newark Star-Ledger and Toronto Globe & Mail both report Oakland could acquire Escobar for Ted Lilly and pitching prospect Joe Blanton, then ship Escobar to St. Louis for J.D. Drew.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Giants want Escobar, but the Jays' reportedly are interested in the Giants' Jesse Foppert in return, and the Giants are unlikely to part with him. The Newark paper also suggests the Yankees could get in on the Escobar chase in order to keep up with the Red Sox in the A.L. East's arms race.

Jeff Suppan

Pirates

Phillies

Giants

Red Sox

Cardinals

Braves

Astros Jul. 30 - Despite rumors the Cardinals are hot on Suppan's trail, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the bidding for the Pirates right-hander is down to the Phillies, Giants and Red Sox. Pirates GM Dave Littlefield confirmed the team had spoken with the Phillies, but no formal offers were discussed.

Boston, which acquired Scott Williamson on Tuesday, was thought to have dropped out of the chase for Suppan, but the Red Sox apparently are right in the middle of it. St. Louis reportedly is involved in discussions of a three-way deal with Pittsburgh and Florida to get Suppan.

Houston also is looking for a starting pitcher, and Suppan is thought to be high on their list, as well. Atlanta was interested at one point but now appears focused on Sidney Ponson or Kelvim Escobar.

Aaron Boone

Reds

Mariners

Dodgers Jul. 30 - Boone reportedly has told the Reds he wants out of Cincinnati, and ESPN's Peter Gammons suggests Boone could wind up with the Dodgers.

Tuesday, reports out of Seattle had the Mariners possibly making a pitch for Boone. Wednesday's Seattle Times, in fact, reports the M's are so close to a deal for Boone that they've approached the third baseman's agent about signing Boone to a multi-year contract extension.

"We're trying, but you never know," one club official told the Times. "Sometimes you put something out there you really think is a good offer, really a good offer, and it's turned down. We feel we're doing that."

Freddy Garcia

Mariners

Cardinals

Giants

Red Sox Jul. 30 - Seattle still is dangling Garcia and has received nibbles from Boston and San Francisco but hasn't been able to agree on compensation, reports the Seattle Times.

The paper reports Boston offered Trot Nixon for Garcia, but Seattle needs a third baseman more than an outfielder and asked instead for Bill Mueller. The Red Sox declined. San Francisco reportedly lost interest when the Mariners wanted Pedro Feliz.

Garcia's salary could slow the Cardinals' interest. There are a number of other, less-expensive pitchers St. Louis is eyeing.

Jose Guillen

Reds

Royals

A's Jul. 30 - Guillen has been mentioned as drawing interest from a number of teams, and ESPN's Peter Gammons indicates the Royals could make a quick play for the outfielder since they're not likely to get Juan Gonzalez from Texas.

However, the Newark Star-Ledger indicates Oakland GM Billy Beane could swoop in an grab Guillen in a straight cash transaction as the Reds look to reconfigure their budget. Guillen's 1.023 OPS makes him an ideal candidate for the A's, and the paper reports the Reds are more interested in cash than players in any trades.

Brian Giles

Pirates

Padres

A's

Mariners Jul. 30 - The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review indicates the blockbuster deal with the Padres still could happen this week, although not much has been said about it in recent days. For his part, Giles isn't much more than a bystander at this point, waiting while the teams try to work out details of Jason Kendall's contract as part of the deal.

If the Padres trade falls through, though, reports Sunday indicate teams like the Mariners, A's and even the Dodgers are standing by to see if they might be able to snag Giles.

Rondell White

Padres

Marlins

Mariners

Royals Jul. 30 - With Raul Mondesi off the market and questions over whether the Cardinals will part with J.D. Drew, the Marlins are expected to accelerate talks with San Diego for White. One key will be whether the Marlins are willing to include catcher Ramon Castro in the deal. Recent reports have said both yes and no. Another snag might be money, as the San Diego Union-Tribune reports Florida is unwilling to take on more than $1.2 million of the $1.6 million due White.

However, if the Padres acquire Jason Kendall from Pittsburgh in the Brian Giles deal, the question of Castro's availability will become moot.

Other teams potentially interested in White include the Royals and Mariners.

Jeremi Gonzalez

Devil Rays

Cardinals Jul. 30 - The Toronto Globe & Mail reports the Cardinals were scouting Tampa's Gonzalez in his start Tuesday against the Blue Jays. The Devil Rays have said they're not looking to make a deal by Thursday's deadline but will listen to offers. However, the Cardinals might not have what Tampa is looking for.

Juan Gonzalez

Rangers

Royals

A's?

Yankees? Jul. 30 - Though it is increasingly unlikely the Rangers will convince Gonzalez to waive his no-trade clause and accept a trade before Thursday's deadline, he will remain available in August. The belief is his $12 million salary will deter teams from claiming him off waivers, meaning the Rangers have until Aug. 31 to deal him. The Kansas City Star reports the Royals remain interested and will keep trying to get him.

At this point the White Sox should be included in every trade rumor out there.  Kenny Williams is busting his ass and should be considered a potential darkhorse in every imaginable trade.

You know opposing GM's look forward to dealing with Mr. 4 for 1 :rolleyes:

If you don't like what KW is doing to push this team over the edge now, you better not be showing up to buy playoff tickets. :angry:

So just because you don't like the GM's moves you shouldn't watch the team? What kind of logic is that? :huh: Overall there might not be anyone watching this team

So just because you don't like the GM's moves you shouldn't watch the team?  What kind of logic is that? :huh: Overall there might not be anyone watching this team

All I'm saying is there are a lot of people b****ing and moaning about getting rid of too many prospects, but it would be the same people b****ing and moaning if we had another White Flag Trade. This team hasn't won a series in 86 years. Do something about it! :headbang

If you don't like what KW is doing to push this team over the edge now, you better not be showing up to buy playoff tickets. :angry:

:rolleyes:

Whatever. Last I saw, the Sox were still in second place and no one guaranteed us a playoff spot. And that Ritchie deal really, "Push(ed) this team over the edge." :rolleyes:

Kenny Williams is a s*** GM and nothing short of a WS Championship is going to change my mind on that subject.

:rolleyes: 

Whatever. Last I saw, the Sox were still in second place and no one guaranteed us a playoff spot. And that Ritchie deal really, "Push(ed) this team over the edge."  :rolleyes:

Kenny Williams is a s*** GM and nothing short of a WS Championship is going to change my mind on that subject.

What about a nice cookie?

Everyone loves cookies!

It's Kenny Williams, moves that are going to be the deciding factor on wheter or not this team makes the playoffs. If you don't like the moves he makes than you obviously don't like the players he is bringing in and therefore you shouldn't have any reason to go see this time.

To bring up the Ritchie trade ,which was absolutely awful, is like me bringing up the Sammy Sosa for George Bell trade. Whining now is going to change the past. Realize what this team is capable of and you'll come around. If you want to be a complete pessimist you're a fan of the wrong Chicago team!! :angry: :lol:

It's Kenny Williams, moves that are going to be the deciding factor on wheter or not this team makes the playoffs.  If you don't like the moves he makes than you obviously don't like the players he is bringing in and therefore you shouldn't have any reason to go see this time.

To bring up the Ritchie trade ,which was absolutely awful, is like me bringing up the Sammy Sosa for George Bell trade.  Whining now is going to change the past.  Realize what this team is capable of and you'll come around.  If you want to be a complete pessimist you're a fan of the wrong Chicago team!! :angry:  :lol:

I think the thing they don't realize is that even if we didn't make the Ritchie trade Fogg and Wells would still have been traded. They would have probaly been the players involved in a trade for Colon.

It's Kenny Williams, moves that are going to be the deciding factor on wheter or not this team makes the playoffs.  If you don't like the moves he makes than you obviously don't like the players he is bringing in and therefore you shouldn't have any reason to go see this time.

To bring up the Ritchie trade ,which was absolutely awful, is like me bringing up the Sammy Sosa for George Bell trade.  Whining now is going to change the past.  Realize what this team is capable of and you'll come around.  If you want to be a complete pessimist you're a fan of the wrong Chicago team!! :angry:  :lol:

I think the thing they don't realize is that even if we didn't make the Ritchie trade Fogg and Wells would still have been traded. They would have probaly been the players involved in a trade for Colon.

those players could have been used for a better trade.

Thank you!!

how bout adkins for durham, botch and cotts for foulke,

how bout adkins for durham, botch and cotts for foulke,

1st a's deal it has been said many times that he wasn't going to get much for Durham because they knew he was leaving so he had to take what he was going to get.

2nd A's deal when he made the trade for Koch he was expecting to get a guy who could throw 95-99. How was he supposed to know that he lost 5 MPH on the clock, I gurentee you that he checked for injury before the trade and saw nothing and thats why he did it. Oh yeah in the that same trade we got our 2nd best pitching prospect.

It looks to me like a lot of teams out there unwilling to pull the trigger.

So far, the trades KW has made this year have been very good. He may have given up more than necessary, but he injected new blood into a team in need of a transfusion and now we're seeing the Sox as many of us expected them to play to start the year.

At this point, it doesn't make sense to deal for a 5th starter with so few starts remaining for that pitcher, and both Danny Wright and Neal Cotts available. What makes more sense would be to jettison Rick White and either go with Ginter or add a right handed reliever we could rely on. I thought Glover could have been the guy, but I'm not sorry to add another lefty with playoff experience.

The Boone trade here would make sense for next year if we don't re-sign Robbie, but might create a logjam and some resentment in the infield. Unfortunately, it makes total sense for the M's who have no 3rd baseman and would unite the brothers. This would make the M's more dangerous in our upcoming 3 games, and in the playoffs if we see them.

Sorry Joel, but using that logic is like throwing darts blindfolded. There is no way you can say with any validity that would have happened. No one has a clue what would have happened last year had that trade not happened.

Sorry Joel, but using that logic is like throwing darts blindfolded. There is no way you can say with any validity that would have happened. No one has a clue what would have happened last year had that trade not happened.

Exactly! And yet I've seen that logic used alot.

Like Kenny Williams traded for Todd Ritchie knowing he was going to lose fifteen games. Sounds to me like a contradiction. It's always a gamble. You win some you lose some.

Like Kenny Williams traded for Todd Ritchie knowing he was going to lose fifteen games. Sounds to me like a contradiction. It's always a gamble. You win some you lose some.

What does that have to do with the above posts?

you guys are saying that if kenny doesnt make any trades he has his head up his ass?

you are saying that kenny williams doesnt make enough trades

he made 2 huge trades in one day

and he made a trade yesterday

stop complaining

you sound like cubs fans

yeah thats right, you sound like a b****

stop crying, let the cub fans act like little girls

But also there is no way of predicting that those 2 would have done that well with the Sox last year.

This stuff about whether KW is a good GM or not is starting to get old. Some things he has done have totally sucked. On others he has been unlucky and on others he's done well. The point is, for now, KW is this team's GM and we have to count on him if we hope to make the playoffs. He has certainly tried, at every opportunity, to improve this ballclub. You have to give him that much credit.

This stuff about whether KW is a good GM or not is starting to get old. Some things he has done have totally sucked.  On others he has been unlucky and on others he's done well.  The point is, for now, KW is this team's GM and we have to count on him if we hope to make the playoffs. He has certainly tried, at every opportunity, to improve this ballclub.  You have to give him that much credit.

I give KW total credit. You are right, he has tried, and he has put us in position to make the playoffs and possibly go further. Anyone who doesnt see that is TOTALLY clueless...............