Tattoos

BigSqwert

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
To me, if I'm gonna get something that's with me for life...it's gonna be something that I've worked on myself. Not just going into a shop & picking a tiger hanging off of a palm tree.

Also like Sqwert, the shop I went to (speakeasy) does only custom work.

sign me up for this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question for bigsqwert ...just out of curiosity ..when you say you are vegan, you mean you do not eat meat or any sort of animal product?! ..Did you make the decision because you feel it's healthier for you to not eat the animal products or is it a concern for the lives of the animals?!?!

I was thinking about this the other night and I thought to myself "Self, that was a pretty cool idea for a tat, but I could never not eat meat ...wait, don't vegans not eat more than just meat? ..yeah, I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with any of it ..could be wrong ..but if that is the case ...it's cool to see someone who doesn't eat meat or animal products be such a fan of baseball (when I think baseball I think Hot dogs, hamburgers ..BBQ's in general!!) ..I wonder how that works though ...ya know with baseballs being covered in cowhide and the gloves being leather and all that?" ...SO I had to ask ..how extreme are you as far as that goes?!?! I'm very interested to hear about it!! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I have a quick question for bigsqwert ...just out of curiosity ..when you say you are vegan, you mean you do not eat meat or any sort of animal product?! ..Did you make the decision because you feel it's healthier for you to not eat the animal products or is it a concern for the lives of the animals?!?!

I do not consume and animal products and I try to my best ability to avoid purchasing/using any products that contain animal products. There are some things that aren't feasible such as tires on a car or bike, some computer parts, etc. And I first went vegetarian because of concerns about the environment. As I read more about the conditions about factory farmed animals I knew I wasn't doing enough by simply avoiding meat so I figured the least I could do is switch to a vegan lifestyle. It's not as difficult as it might sound to make the switch. Just look at Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez or Twins pitcher Pat Neshek.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I was thinking about this the other night and I thought to myself "Self, that was a pretty cool idea for a tat, but I could never not eat meat ...wait, don't vegans not eat more than just meat? ..yeah, I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with any of it ..could be wrong ..but if that is the case ...it's cool to see someone who doesn't eat meat or animal products be such a fan of baseball (when I think baseball I think Hot dogs, hamburgers ..BBQ's in general!!) ..I wonder how that works though ...ya know with baseballs being covered in cowhide and the gloves being leather and all that?" ...SO I had to ask ..how extreme are you as far as that goes?!?! I'm very interested to hear about it!! :)

There are hot dog, sausage, burger alternatives that do not contain animal products. When I go to the Sox games I'll either tail gate beforehand or eat before I go to the game and just buy beers. :) The Cell offers a veggie burger but I'm not sure if it's vegan. It may have egg in it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
I do not consume and animal products and I try to my best ability to avoid purchasing/using any products that contain animal products. There are some things that aren't feasible such as tires on a car or bike, some computer parts, etc. And I first went vegetarian because of concerns about the environment. As I read more about the conditions about factory farmed animals I knew I wasn't doing enough by simply avoiding meat so I figured the least I could do is switch to a vegan lifestyle. It's not as difficult as it might sound to make the switch. Just look at Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez or Twins pitcher Pat Neshek.

There are hot dog, sausage, burger alternatives that do not contain animal products. When I go to the Sox games I'll either tail gate beforehand or eat before I go to the game and just buy beers. :) The Cell offers a veggie burger but I'm not sure if it's vegan. It may have egg in it.

Thank you!! I was kickin' myself in the ass for forgetting to ask yesterday ..but with the draft goin' on that's mostly what I've been up to!!! :)

How long has it been since you made the switch? Do you not miss eating a steak every now and again?

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Thank you!! I was kickin' myself in the ass for forgetting to ask yesterday ..but with the draft goin' on that's mostly what I've been up to!!! :)

How long has it been since you made the switch? Do you not miss eating a steak every now and again?

Went vegetarian in january of 2006. Switched to vegan in august of that same year.

At first I missed meat but that feeling dissipated quickly.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Are you being serious, Steve? YOU, of all people, are going to call ME creepy? Ok.

I'm just going to say this now because I have been seeing this nonsense all over the board.

WE HAVE A CUTE GIRL POSTING AT SOXTALK.

Stop the presses.

Enough with all the lame comments about "this thread is getting weird," or "this thread is getting creepy," or whatever.

It's only creepy or weird when people say s*** like that.

In regards to myself, I "wink" at posters all the damn time, and no one calls me creepy. Why it should be considered creepy when I do it to a female poster seems ridiculous to me.

In regards to the rest of the people responding to girlslikebaseball, she obviously has thick skin, she's used to being around men (and boys), and she isn't going to go running into her bedroom and play with her barbies because we like to talk about women and we swear. She can handle herself, so just pretend as if she is one of the guys (obviously to a point).

Now let's ALL GET OVER OURSELVES and move on as usual, because I am tired of all the silly jockeying, commenting, and just overall lame-ass behavior because of the fact that we have a young lady in our presence.

Mark, it brings out the primal nature in men. Not defending it, just saying...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
He knows. It was his primal nature that was accurately called creepy.

Its one thing to jokingly comment and then seriously be creepy.. I have seen more posts on the seriously creepy side than the joking side..

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Hey Steve, is telling the entire forum about your wife's vagina creepy?

hmmm

maybe

I plead the fifth

s***

drunk

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Seems like everyone here has had an idea of what they wanted b4 going to the tattoo parlor, has anyone ever gone looked through the books and picked a random tattoo?

My first one yes. I knew kind of what I wanted, but I didnt know the design.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
but at least that's YOUR wife and not some random person on a message board

This is true. That is way less creepy.

I still win. Thank you Carl Slack for your never-ending amazingness.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
This is true. That is way less creepy.

I still win. Thank you Carl Slack for your never-ending amazingness.

Ahh, you talked about your wife's vajay-jay to thousands of strange men.

Yes, you win alright.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
I didn't talk about it. I didn't describe it. I stated my love of it.

Ok Steve...enough of this foolishness.

If you want to call me creepy...fine...

Nothing like doing a little creepin' once in a while...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)

Those have animal products?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)

So I've been told. Never really confirmed it though.

EDIT:

Disheartening Specifics

Material from rendering plants ends up in, among other products, Jell-O, gummy candies, photographic film, fertilizer for “organic” produce, and anti-rejection drugs. The following list is by no means definitive.

Non-edible tallow is an important ingredient in wax paper, crayons, margarine, and soap; oleic acid (used in foods, soft soaps, bar soaps, permanent wave solutions, shampoos, hair dyes, creams, nail polish, lipsticks, liquid makeups, nasal sprays, inhalers); glycerine (used in inks, glues, solvents, explosives, antifreeze, cosmetics, foods, mouthwashes, toothpastes, soaps, ointments, medicines, lubricants, transmission and brake fluids, plastics); stearic acid (used in rubber and tires, cosmetics, soaps, lubricants, candles, hairsprays, conditioners, deodorants, creams, food flavoring, pharmaceutical products); and linoleic acid (used in paints and esters).

Meat meal and bone meal is used in livestock feed, poultry feed, and pet food.

via

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)

It's true .....I've seen tires with animal products ...my dad's Pomeranian thought it would be cute to chase a truck on HWY 10 in Little Rock Ar. ...I saw poor little Rocky meet his demise from my bedroom window ..turns out, it wasn't as cute as you might imagine. :/