Gamethread: White Sox(16-23) vs Angels (19-23) 7:10 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
C'mon now. Of all the things you could criticize Kenny for having no balls is certainly not one of them.

He's all talk, he keeps saying that if the team doesn't play better, people will lose their jobs. KW picked an awful time this last offseason to let Ozzie take over the organization.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Thank god for Extra Innings. Gettin' ready to watch my true love Clayton Kershaw.

How's he been looking lately? U. Jimenez is the most filthy pitcher I've seen all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
I wish Quentin didn't get a hit on that swing. As Farmer was talking about, he's flying open way too much. Getting a bloop hit on a pitch the old him would have crushed isn't going to make him change his AWFUL mechanics.

i like that you watch the game with the radio on - I don't blame you.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
He's all talk, he keeps saying that if the team doesn't play better, people will lose their jobs. KW picked an awful time this last offseason to let Ozzie take over the organization.

This is a guy that traded the team's most popular position player 7.3 seconds after winning the World Series. Kenny is as ballsy as they come. And there's still no move that could've been made that could overcome CQ, Beckham, Ramirez, Buehrle, Peavy and Floyd performing at replacement level or worse.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
on the bright side, i should have no trouble finding great seats when i'm in town in July.

You can watch the likes of CJ Retherford, Dayan Viciedo and Tyler Flowers all play, too!!

Not really now he can fire him and have a good reason. $100M for three out of four years of under .500 baseball is why he should be fired.

Trumpeting the ability of Alexi last spring and demanding Kotsay come back along with the stupid lineups should just about be it along with the off the field s***.

He is not the leader he was once.

How's he been looking lately? U. Jimenez is the most filthy pitcher I've seen all year.

Real good since that disaster against the Brewers. And Ubaldo is 1-hitting the Astros through 6 tonight. Look for Lincecum to SO at least 15 guys as he's up against the Diamondbacks. Strasburg might make his ML debut June 4th. Say what you want about the NL, but the arms are filthy.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 21, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
Real good since that disaster against the Brewers. And Ubaldo is 1-hitting the Astros through 6 tonight. Look for Lincecum to SO at least 15 guys as he's up against the Diamondbacks. Strasburg might make his ML debt June 4th. Say what you want about the NL, but the arms are filthy.

Agreed, the unders are set so low in the NL these days. I saw where a scout said that Leake is his favorite young pitcher...until Dusty ruins him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Get rid of them all...if firing KW is what's needed to have someone with the balls to make changes, then get rid of his ass.

I believe this team was built with the hopes the Twins and Tigers would be worse. I can't think that anyone could believe this team could have stood toe to toe in the playoffs with teams from the AL East.

The Teahan move still baffles me. I don't think it's wise to get a player from a consistent losing organization when they are willing to give him up.

Since this organization doesn't like to spend money then they need to model that organization who believe in a good farm system.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Beckham's first move of his swing continues to be flying open. Him and Quentin look the same up there....the Bust Brothers really could use a new hitting coach.

cubs probably have the best bench, hitting and pitching coach in baseball...and the worst GM