Let's rip through the NL

zygoat

I know I am jumping the gun on this one and this prediction is purely based on the Hawks and tonights win, but the upcoming schedule against the NL looks like we start a decent win streak and see what happens. We play the Cubs, Pittsburg, Washington, Atlanta, and the Royals pretty much for the majority of June. I know other teams are looking at us and thinking the same thing but it would be great to see the Sox break out and make a little run to start off this summer. With some momentum, we can win these series and gain a couple games on the Twin and Tigers (or get closer to .500). Am I just overly optimistic or can we do this?

We keep saying we're going to go on this streak, and then this team reveals itself for the inconistent light-hitting team that it really is. What do you say we set our expectations a bit lower? How about we win two in a row, or even a series? Then we can think big.

I've mentioned before that in 2007 if you flip the Sox 4-14 interleague record things look a whole lot different. I don't believe they were as far behind division lead at this point in 2007, so every game no matter which league Sox face is must win now, but it's neat to see that the NL outright clowning the Sox played a significant role in The Ballad of 2007.

Also, Andy Gonzalez.

*Edit* Just for s***s and giggles, a quick glance at mlb.com shows that staff ERA against the NL in that glorious year was second highest (of AL teams) at 5.05, and BA (.241) was second worst (only to SF's .233) in the entire game.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 21, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
I've mentioned before that in 2007 if you flip the Sox 4-14 interleague record things look a whole lot different. I don't believe they were as far behind division lead at this point in 2007, so every game no matter which league Sox face is must win now, but it's neat to see that the NL outright clowning the Sox played a significant role in The Ballad of 2007.

Also, Andy Gonzalez.

home-alone1243399120.png

Lets win more than 1-2 wins in a row before we get excited. As thunderbolt said, this team has a tendency to win one, get all of our hopes up saying this is where they turn it around, then all of a sudden lose the next game, or lose the series entirely. The only thing different about now is it is the NL so perhaps we might win some series (or sweep) at least.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 22, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Lets win more than 1-2 wins in a row before we get excited. As thunderbolt said, this team has a tendency to win one, get all of our hopes up saying this is where they turn it around, then all of a sudden lose the next game, or lose the series entirely. The only thing different about now is it is the NL so perhaps we might win some series (or sweep) at least.

Agree completely. Until this team gets to .500, there isn't a thing to get excited about. I learned that lesson after the Seattle sweep.