5/25 GT: Sox @ Cleveland - 6:05pm CDT CSN+

knightni

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 25, 2010 -> 05:05 PM)
I'm staring to worry about Jones - seems like he's trying to crank every swing out of the park.

He was doing that even when he was hitting well. I think that's his swing. He's basically been doing that for years, from what I remember of his good years in Atlanta.

I think his timing is a bit off right now, honestly. You can tell when he gets a ball out over the plate...for the last week or so it's a popup straight back every time. I think the odds are good he'll snap back pretty soon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
Cleveland fans are teh biggest bandwagoners in all of pro spots IMO

Yep, id say it was about 10K last night. I was there last night too. Though Id say having no sabathia, Lee, martinez, and having Sizemore/Hafner hurt and not playing really leaves a lot of the imagination for a tribe fan. Sure a loyal fan base would have avg 20K there no matter what. I also think the recession hit Cleveland hard and simply put a lot of people cant afford season tickets and frequent trips to the ballpark anymore. But thats just an opinion.

So is there any reason our best hitter in Konerko is out of the lineup tonite. I really hope its an injury or hes not feeling well or something because if this is another Ozzie matchup giving Kotsay the start becuase the pitcher is a Righty then I will crap myself. Anyone know why Konerko not in the lineup and the .190 hitting Kotsay is playing 1B?

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 25, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
So is there any reason our best hitter in Konerko is out of the lineup tonite. I really hope its an injury or hes not feeling well or something because if this is another Ozzie matchup giving Kotsay the start becuase the pitcher is a Righty then I will crap myself. Anyone know why Konerko not in the lineup and the .190 hitting Kotsay is playing 1B?

Konerko's been scuffling. He's hitting .180 over his last 10 games. Last time he had an "off day" as far as I can tell, other than offdays/rainouts, was in the last Toronto series.

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 25, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)

Alex Rios says hello.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 25, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Alex Rios says hello.

Ok thats true. But let Paulie play through it. His presence in the middle of the lineup forces pitchers to pitch around him, walk him, and gets others better pitches to hit. Kotsay is a clown.

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 25, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
Ok thats true. But let Paulie play through it. His presence in the middle of the lineup forces pitchers to pitch around him, walk him, and gets others better pitches to hit. Kotsay is a clown.

A 34 year old can't be allowed a day off and has to play through it?

QUOTE (joeynach @ May 25, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Slumping Paulie hitting 4th >> .190 Hitting Kotsay Clown Batting 5th

Not really, Kotsay's putting much better swings on the ball right now than Konerko. Konerko's body language at the plate has been awful, so it's a good day off with a very early game tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
Not really, Kotsay's putting much better swings on the ball right now than Konerko. Konerko's body language at the plate has been awful, so it's a good day off with a very early game tomorrow.

Ha, you make it sound like it's best if he's in bed by 9 tonight.