Day 2 Draft thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
It's very interesting to me that the Sox clearly didn't come out and tell the Guillen family that they wouldn't draft Ozney. Oney is clearly waiting for it to happen. If we don't end up taking him, this could get very interesting.

You keep projecting Oney onto Ozzie. Yes they are close, yes they will share some views. But Oney is a different animal than Ozzie, from what I can tell. Oney can be pissed all he wants, and he will be, but I'm willing to be that Ozzie doesn't make a huge deal of it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
You keep projecting Oney onto Ozzie. Yes they are close, yes they will share some views. But Oney is a different animal than Ozzie, from what I can tell. Oney can be pissed all he wants, and he will be, but I'm willing to be that Ozzie doesn't make a huge deal of it.

Oh, i don't think Ozzie will be hurt or anything. I just would have thought that word would have gotten out to the family for them not to hold their collective breaths.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I have it as Schwartz from U Tampa, the same school that Blanke went to.

Posters just don't give other posters time to edit things anymore. Should seriously be a 5 minute rule for that. :lol:

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Oh, i don't think Ozzie will be hurt or anything. I just would have thought that word would have gotten out to the family for them not to hold their collective breaths.

They may have told Ozzie what their plan was - in fact I bet they did. Doesn't mean anyone told Oney, or that if they did, that Oney cared to listen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
They may have told Ozzie what their plan was - in fact I bet they did. Doesn't mean anyone told Oney, or that if they did, that Oney cared to listen.

That would make sense. And really if Oney was my kid, i wouldn't tell him anything.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
You probably shouldn't assume the signability of these guys.

So a senior who can't be drafted again might just go on and find another field to live his life... I guess that could make alittle sense. But he doesn't have leverage to do anything other than find something else to do with his life.

Alright guys I'm out. I'll check out this thread later.

Edited by SoxAce