Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Not with that pathetic swing. Another seemingly protect swing by Beckham before having two strikes. He just can't do anything with the inside fastball, which justifies concerns about his mechanics at the plate.

The funny thing is the way Hanson is pitching right now is an INCREDIBLE matchup for Viciedo. Omar's hot bat needs to stay in the lineup but for now he should be getting a lot of ABs at second.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
There's nothing in Tommy Hanson's past performances that says he'll get killed today yet you seem to think he will, that's called faith.

You're number 1 problem here is trying to lump me in with those who give up after 2 innings, you obviously don't know me very well.

No, but a few random starts against good AL team don't give him a body of work that is inscrutable.

He's young and he faces p**** NL lineups all the time.

He's not Roy Halladay.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:51 AM)
The funny thing is the way Hanson is pitching right now is an INCREDIBLE matchup for Viciedo. Omar's hot bat needs to stay in the lineup but for now he should be getting a lot of ABs at second.

Agreed, btw, am I the only one who thinks Viciedo looks like a carbon copy of Juan Uribe at the plate, including physically and his swing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
No, but a few random starts against good AL team don't give him a body of work that is inscrutable.

He's young and he faces p**** NL lineups all the time.

He's not Roy Halladay.

Give me a break. I've seen the guy pitch and and his stuff, control and moxy matchup well against any lineup. He just has absolutely nothing tonight, he's not even bothering with his breaking balls because he no feel for them today, these things happen.

What you're basically saying is that there isn't much reason to believe Peavy can still dominate because 3 of his very best outings this season has come against horrible competition.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
Give me a break. I've seen the guy pitch and and his stuff, control and moxy matchup well against any lineup. He just has absolutely nothing tonight, he's not even bothering with his breaking balls because he no feel for them today, these things happen.

What you're basically saying is that there isn't much reason to believe Peavy can still dominate because 3 of his very best outings this season has come against horrible competition.

Not at all. I'm saying Hansen doesn't have enough of a pedigree for me to care about how many times he's been lit up before.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Not at all. I'm saying Hansen doesn't have enough of a pedigree for me to care about how many times he's been lit up before.

Good for you. Personally, If find it fun to break down matchups.