Sox vs Atlanta 6-22 game thread 7:10 first pitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
They're not? 7 games better...they're one of the most talented teams in baseball and they're on fire. I'd rather play anyone else beside them right now. I also never said we'll get swept...I think we can win 2 games this series.

Ok, so what you're telling me is that our wins against the NL are meaningless, but the Braves success in that league makes them one of the best teams.

I got it now.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Ok, so what you're telling me is that our wins against the NL are meaningless, but the Braves success in that league makes them one of the best teams.

I got it now.

When did I say the wins are meaningless? Others might have said that, but never once did I say they were meaningless. I've said all year we match up a lot better against NL teams, especially with the way a few of our pitchers pitch.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)

I got it now.

Yes, when the NL wins are against some of the worst teams in that league.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
A lot of us refused to buy into the hot streak because we did it against the Cubs, Pirates and Nats. We were never operating under the highest of expectations for this team anyway.

You're so full of s***.

Support your team and stop being afraid to invest a bit in them.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)

I got it now.

Hanson is dominating good NL teams too, we haven't faced any of them.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
These game threads are something else. The slightest hint of adversity and you guys are already selling your team down the river.

Such a bunch of mamby pambies.

Yes, let's not give up here. Winning every game left in the season is not realistic anyway. We will hit some bumps. I think we just need to avoid the 3-4-5 game losing streaks and put together some series wins. Plus this game isn't over yet

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)

I got it now.

Hell, a win is a win for me. With our struggles against the Indians this year, I was thrilled with the confidence our players showed last week. Heck, we fell behind on Sunday, and scored 4 runs in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
Tommy Hanson's stuff translates to all lineups, I don't really care what kind of teams he's shutting down. There's a reason why he blanked the Rays in his last outing.

4 career outings vs AL lineups and he's allowed 0 in 3 of them and 2 in the other.

We could get to him today, anything could happen but we're not going up against a chump. I feel a lot right now like I did against Strasburg on Friday.

I'll bet you $25 we score 3 runs against him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
You're so full of s***.

Let us not bash our own folks. We have a good team starting to pull out of their doldrums, but we will have bad spots from time to time

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
You're so full of s***.

Where the hell did that come from? Of course i'm invested in this team i'm posting on a message board dedicated to them. I refuse to blindly assume that this team is going to beat good teams just because we beat bad teams. It doesn't work like that.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Let us not bash our own folks. We have a good team starting to pull out of their doldrums, but we will have bad spots from time to time

I'm not bashing him. I'm encouraging him to buy in. I know he is dying to.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Where the hell did that come from? Of course i'm invested in this team i'm posting on a message board dedicated to them. I refuse to blindly assume that this team is going to beat good teams just because we beat bad teams. It doesn't work like that.

It came from the bs comment you made after they scored.

Go ahead and give up in the second inning why don't you. So weak.