6/22 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (CSF @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
Jon Gilmore won the Carolina/California League HR Derby:

Paging Jeff... :P

I said it before.. I LOVE that they have Nunez back in the bull-pen. De Aza has been amazing for Charlotte since he's been back. They have had a sox-like win streak themselves. (won 6 of their last 7, and 5 in a row)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
It means that Chase was called "Oscar" by his college coach (Greg Guilliams) because he often swings at garbage!!

oscar.jpg

I honestly don't know what his problem is!! LOL

If you tell him to stop doing that and he makes it to at least AA for a period of time, I will probably have to buy a custom Sox Blackwood #26 Jersey T-Shirt.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Paging Jeff... :P

I said it before.. I LOVE that they have Nunez back in the bull-pen. De Aza has been amazing for Charlotte since he's been back. They have had a sox-like win streak themselves. (won 6 of their last 7, and 5 in a row)

Hahah. It was bound to happen for Gilmore after my criticisms. That said obviously I am a Sox fan so I would love to see him go crazy and knock 20 home runs out over the second half of the season. He has the raw ability to be a big power guy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Rich Poythress. That's the guy that batted behind Gordon Beckham at Georgia, right? He either played with Becks at Georgia, or Mitchell at LSU.....

Drafted in the 2nd round in 2009 out of the University of Georgia. Looks like he's a pretty solid prospect.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
If you tell him to stop doing that and he makes it to at least AA for a period of time, I will probably have to buy a custom Sox Blackwood #26 Jersey T-Shirt.

HAHA I told him ..he laughed and said "that's funny" lol ...

..He's probably going to be with the organization for a little while ..he doesn't complain about anything, always just does what he's asked to do and they love that about him.

Also ...in last nights game, Chase went 1-3 ..should have been 1-2 ..but because it was Phegley on third, his fly ball to right field couldn't be considered a sac fly because Phegley was the man on 3rd and isn't allowed to be risking himself like that just yet.

Edited by girlslikebaseballtoo#26

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:25 AM)
De Aza in 4 games since returning from the DL: 9-for-16, 2 HR, 2 2B, 3 BB

We could kill two birds (Kotsay & Jones) with him.

Call him up, suddenly you have a speedy back up OF that is left handed and Dayan is allowed to stay on the team.

And yes, I know Kotsay is a valuable bench player, but as long as he is in Chicago he will be a starter.

Edit: Also, not kidding. If he makes it to AA I will probably by a #26 Blackwood shirt.

If he makes the MLB, I certainly will (I don't buy jerseys, and if I did, it'd only be Paulie or Buehrle right now)

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
We could kill two birds (Kotsay & Jones) with him.

Call him up, suddenly you have a speedy back up OF that is left handed and Dayan is allowed to stay on the team.

And yes, I know Kotsay is a valuable bench player, but as long as he is in Chicago he will be a starter.

Edit: Also, not kidding. If he makes it to AA I will probably by a #26 Blackwood shirt.

If he makes the MLB, I certainly will (I don't buy jerseys, and if I did, it'd only be Paulie or Buehrle right now)

Let's not get out of hand. I liked De Aza coming into the system and feel he could be valuable, but he doesn't belong on the Sox roster, not at this point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Let's not get out of hand. I liked De Aza coming into the system and feel he could be valuable, but he doesn't belong on the Sox roster, not at this point.

The main motivation I have is that he keeps Lillibridges speed if you move Lilli back down to keep Kotsay on the roster or trade for Adam Dunn, is a back up OF, and lets Dayan keep playing by removing the competition in Kotsay.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)

I think what makes a lot of sense for Wsox is trade for Berkman, reinstating Teahen, and calling up De Aza replacing Jones, Kotsay, and Lillibridge.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
I think what makes a lot of sense for Wsox is trade for Berkman, reinstating Teahen, and calling up De Aza replacing Jones, Kotsay, and Lillibridge.

I'd rather keep Lillibridge than Beckham right now.

There I said it.