Heads22

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Symptoms of Biceps Tendon Tear

The symptoms can vary from case to case depending on the location and intensity of the injury. Often a 'popping' sound may be heard when the injury strikes, followed by pain around the shoulders or arms. The pain might come and go, and it is not often extreme, but it is likely to increase with physical activity. If the tear occurs at the 'long head' (the proximal biceps tendon) in the upper biceps, the shoulders can become noticeably sore. Distal tendon tears are regularly characterised by a bulging lump or bump in the upper arm, due to the chaotic loosening and contracting caused by the tear. Any of these symptoms should be taken seriously and reported to a qualified doctor.

just cuz there was a pop doesnt mean biceps tear by any stretch of the imagination...thats like going to the Doc and saying I have a cough and him instantly diagnosing you with tuberculosis

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
If it's a biceps tear, Jake has some explaining to do. The only baseball players I've seen have that happen in recent years were notorious PEDs users. I doubt it's this though.

Like who?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
just cuz there was a pop doesnt mean biceps tear by any stretch of the imagination...thats like going to the Doc and saying I have a cough and him instantly diagnosing you with tuberculosis

Except that he grabbed his Bicep according to Farmer, which is what I'm basing this off of, and not just pure speculation

QUOTE (asmithxc @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:54 AM)
You can hear a "pop" with any injury involving a muscle, tendon, or ligament. The pop doesn't really narrow it down too much.

Agreed, Quentin heard a pop with his heel last season.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)

Haha, this made me laugh and immediately think of House... I f***ing love Hugh Laurie.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Where's our resident doctor on the board when we need him?

fathom is playing this role tonight based on his many "the world is ending" posts

Let's wait for some postgame info.