Paul Konerko: All Star

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Deservedly so, even though it should have been a no brainer to begin with (seriously, David Ortiz!? Someone tell Giardi that the reserve DH doesn't actually have to be a DH).

Ortiz is actually have a pretty stellar year. 7th in the AL in OPS, and one of Boston's top two hitters, depending on how you want to value Beltre's 70 point advantage in batting average (while actually having an OBP worse than Ortiz's). David Ortiz is more than deserving of a roster spot.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Ortiz is actually have a pretty stellar year. 7th in the AL in OPS, and one of Boston's top two hitters, depending on how you want to value Beltre's 70 point advantage in batting average (while actually having an OBP worse than Ortiz's). David Ortiz is more than deserving of a roster spot.

Batting .260~, doesn't play a real position, and PK and Youkilis both have better overall numbers. PK and Youkilis are both more deserving than Ortiz, and Swisher for that matter.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Batting .260~, doesn't play a real position, and PK and Youkilis both have better overall numbers. PK and Youkilis are both more deserving than Ortiz, and Swisher for that matter.

Youkilis would be a good option too, but I would say that Boston is pretty well represented at the game, and it's not as if Ortiz isn't playing well. I think you're looking too far into this, and we should be happy that Konerko is at the game, period.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
I honestly wish they would have picked Youk for selfish reasons.

I'd rather have Paulie get the rest and I don't want him giving our juju to anyone else while he is there.

I agree. The rest is better, but then again, I'm sure he'll relax enough out there. He might take a swing or two and just enjoy the scenery the rest of the time.

I'd rather have Paulie get the rest and I don't want him giving our juju to anyone else while he is there.

This either proves times are changing or the all star game just plain sucks.

It used to be fans loved their players to be in the game and didn't worry about meaningless stuff like a player getting rest for a few days.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)

I'm sure the few batting practice swings and MAYBE the 1 or 2 AB's he'll get during the game is gonna kill him.