7/24 GT: Sox @ A's - 3:10 CDT - FOX

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
Oh snaps. Balta has hopped on the sabermetric train.

I'm still uncomfortable with the "10 runs = 1 win" calculation, but as a method of comparison there...it's a good way to guess at how the values of a 5th starter versus a big DH compare.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I wouldn't be totally against Beckham for Fielder... as long as Fielder is resigned long term. Fielder has done more than Beckham. It would suck but to get a hitter of his caliber... man. Imagine that man hitting in the cell.

Yeah, I can see JR and KW giving a Boras client nearly 200 million.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
He's popped 17 HRs and is sporting a 1.006 OPS since June 1.

• On Prince Fielder: "If you don't make your pitch to him, he can still hit it out. But I don't see the same adjustable swing I saw a few years ago. He used to scare me to death when he came up there. But now, you can get him out down and away or if you pound him up and in. That wasn't always the case."
One of Stark's scouts

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
if hudson goes in a deal to get prince, could chris sale be a candidate for the 5th starter spot. i know hes been in the bullpen in the minors but hes always been a starter and hes supposed to be a starter in the future

That would be so irresponsible on so many levels.

Yikes, Mazzaro's rebounded from tough two innings to just dominate our offense. One home run combined from Konerko/Quentin since the ASB. It seems like all of the swagger this offense had during the great stretch and prior to the ASB is gone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:05 PM)
Torres has thrown 120 innings at CHarlotte and put up a 3.40 ERA. He has to be next in line.

Of course, you'd probably have to deal him as well.

So we're talking about guys like Hynick and Marquez which is trouble with a capital T. I suspect the Sox would take a look at Braden Looper or Washburn before taking that kind of a step.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
Seems the Sox are coming back to reality

They need a bat. They can't ride this pitching wave forever and the minute it falters something needs to be there to take its place. These things tend to balance themselves out.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:17 PM)
That would be so irresponsible on so many levels.

The biggest reason why, we should note...is that Sale is already right up against what should be his innings limit for this year. If you want him to make 10 starts (50+ innings), you're going to have him pitching something like 160-170 innings this year at age 21, when he's never thrown more than 89 before.