Giants close to getting Ponson

SoxFan1

Baltimore just completely fleeced SF.

Jesus.... ponson has never had a season like this before....what if he's a fluke????

Moss and Ainsworth(eventhough hurt) is a TON to give up for Ponson...whew... glad Kenny didnt go after this guy.

No it wouldn't.

Maybe Garland and Cotts have better stats than Moss and Ainsworth, but if you're talking about potential, they basically are the same in that area. So if they were talking about the potential of the two pitcher, then, yes, Garland and Cotts would be equivilent to Moss and Ainsworth.

No it wouldn't.

Ainsworth is a better prospect then Cotts. It be the equivalent to giving up Honel and someone not quite as good as Garland.

Moss is pretty good though. I'm a big fan of his. Orioles did pretty damn good as they now have two guys for their rotation next year.

I'm surprised they didn't move Helling. But that could still be announced.

If Damian Moss ever figures out how throw the ball over the plate, watchout. Isn't his WHIP almost 1.7?

He has major control problems at this point

I have to be suspect of a pitcher that the Braves organization would trade away, but that's just me

If Damian Moss ever figures out how throw the ball over the plate, watchout. Isn't his WHIP almost 1.7?

He has major control problems at this point

I have to be suspect of a pitcher that the Braves organization would trade away, but that's just me

They traded away Millwood and he's pretty darn good.

Remember they traded Ortiz for Moss so that says a bit something of Moss' value.

I think they also dealt a prospect with Moss.

Either way I like Moss quite a bit. He's gonna have a good career.

A steal for Baltimore. Thats way too much to give up for a 3rd/4th starter who might be a fluke, and exactly why I didnt want the Sox to go after him.

If they don't resign him then they will be regretting this move. Then again, Ponson should only be better in the NL.

And Sidney...I want ya on the South Side next year :headbang

Before I write this post let me say that I am happy that we kept Colon and hope we can resign him because IMO he is a top 5 RHP in the AL.

But for the people who thought that we couldn't have gotten Williams and Foppert for Colon what do you think now, especially after they just traded Moss and Ainsworth for a guy who has good potential but hasn't done much in his career.

Again I am glad we kept Colon, just wanted to say that.