Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
Rios needs to sit for a few...or at least tomorrow.

I keep pointing this out, but he just seems disinterested. His defense hasn't been great during the 2nd half, and his base running has been awful for about 2 months now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
Yeah, well he has increased his gb rate and it is paying dividends. He's going to give up some hits, but how many balls have been hit hard off him? He's made one huge mistake to Cabrera, but other than that, he's just throwing strikes and putting up zeroes.

I'm sorry, but that is not bad.

ditto. bad defense behind him too. the umpires are making bad calls agst us in this game. i think Cabrera was out on that one.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
Really, I'm flat out unimpressed so far. He has a 96 mph fastball but it's been hit a few times and he's only really gotten a couple of pitches that have hurt people. There's very little sink or cut on his fastball. It's straight.

The Slider's been very week. He's thrown less than 5 good ones. Cabrera got 2, Peralta got 1.

He's stepped up and gotten Cabrera a couple times, I'll grant him that...but every time he's come up there's been people on.

Keep in mind that Coop is probably working a very specific plan with Jackson.

Starting out throwing only 2 pitches... telling him "don't worry about whether guys get hits, we don't care... just throw strikes".

It's very similar to what they did with Thornton at first.

They want to establish his ability to throw strikes... period. And then build on that.