Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Ok. So, 91 pitches. Does he start the 8th, or go out on top and with a shutout performance?

I run him out in the 8th and pull him if anyone reaches.

I'd pull him and say great f***ing job, Edwin.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
I'm enjoying the fall of Boesh the golden boy. I imagine he'll recover a bit, but i don't see him ever being a huge force in the middle of the order.

dude had a .344 obp in low A....since then...the highest obp he had at any stop in the higher minors was .318...he was as much of a fluke as you can get

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Baker is making Tampa look foolish. Tampa hitters missing his offspeed stuff by a foot.

They are very similar to our club. They can't hit off speed pitchers worth a s***, but great fb hitting team.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
dude had a .344 obp in low A....since then...the highest obp he had at any stop in the higher minors was .318...he was as much of a fluke as you can get

I honestly believed he was a late bloomer...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
I'd love to see him in the 8th, but you're right. Rested bullpen, guy who needs the confidence.

With a four-run lead, you can pull him after one guy getting on, if you want. He's thrown far fewer pitches than his opponent who not only has thrown more pitches coming into the inning, but who is trailing by four runs. Let him start the inning!

My Tigers friend called him Sir Edwin. Not flashy, but I guess there's a bunch of people who called him that? Then again, just like they hated "O-E-O Magglio" in DET, we should probably reject Sir Edwin because it's another team's "thing".