Sox @ Orioles - Floyd vs. Millwood

Heads22

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
Ugh, nice swing by Beckham, but no results. This offense desperately needs some type of spark. BTW, anyone see that Laroche is destroying the ball again? Shocker, didn't see that coming.

They look a little better today. Vizquel killed us with his at bat in the first...Rios is hurting with a bad wrist....but that inning was just bad luck.

We'll get to Milwood though eventually.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
They look a little better today. Vizquel killed us with his at bat in the first...Rios is hurting with a bad wrist....but that inning was just bad luck.

I don't get why Ozzie has gone away from the hit-and-run. Seems he's been extremely reluctant to call that lately. In that Vizquel AB, no excuse not to put a play in motion.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
I don't get why Ozzie has gone away from the hit-and-run. Seems he's been extremely reluctant to call that lately. In that Vizquel AB, no excuse not to put a play in motion.

I hate Ozzie's use of bunts, but he seems to have a knack for knowing when to put the hit and run on. That was the perfect situation for it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
I dunno, one day at work I couldn't access the site anymore, or any Hostgator sites

Can you now? I can understand if they blocked the site at work because maybe they found out you went on it too much, but I am at home. There should be no reason anything should be blocked.....

This is really going to bum me out, but at least I will be back at school in less than 2 weeks so I can access it again...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)
I hate Ozzie's use of bunts, but he seems to have a knack for knowing when to put the hit and run on. That was the perfect situation for it.

Vizquel literally had the entire right side of the infield open in that AB when Pierre was in motion. And man, this umpire has the smallest zone ever.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
The offense needed new blood, and KW didn't get it done. I expect to see a lot of these performances for the rest of the year. We need to hope that our pitching continues to win the day for us.

The offense has been more than adequate over the past 50 games. We'd have all loved to get a big bat, but I still feel pretty good if we can just get Q to give us some consistency and use the bats that we do have correctly.

Unfortunately, this little run by Kotsay and Viciedo's struggles against the RH yesterday are probably going to condomn us to Kotsay for the remainder of the year unless we can reel in Manny.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
The offense has been more than adequate over the past 50 games. We'd have all loved to get a big bat, but I still feel pretty good if we can just get Q to give us some consistency and use the bats that we do have correctly.

I don't trust this lineup at all on the road though. At home, I have all the confidence in them like they're the '27 Yankees.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)

Unfortunately, this little run by Kotsay and Viciedo's struggles against the RH yesterday are probably going to condomn us to Kotsay for the remainder of the year unless we can reel in Manny.

The constant fear is that the Sox will slip into the team hell they were in three months ago. The good news is that much of that was caused by s*** pitching, as opposed to crappy hitting. I still think new blood was needed for a title run, but you're not going to hear me telling you that this team can't win this division as currently constructed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
I don't trust this lineup at all on the road though. At home, I have all the confidence in them like they're the '27 Yankees.

That's a good point...We don't hit as well on the road. I don't think getting Adam LaRoche would have changed a whole lot about that.

Question though, we really didn't hear any rumors about LaRoche...I wonder if he was just unavailable?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
That's a good point...We don't hit as well on the road. I don't think getting Adam LaRoche would have changed a whole lot about that.

Question though, we really didn't hear any rumors about LaRoche...I wonder if he was just unavailable?

Yes, he was available, but Arizona was shocked at how little interest there was in him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
Yes, he was available, but Arizona was shocked at how little interest there was in him.

That seems unbelievable considering how widely known it is that he is a second-half player.

I'll catch up with you guys in a bit...have to head into work. Hopefully we'll have a comfortable lead by the time I get signed on again! :headbang