Edwin Jackson

hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
Let's get a win tomorrow and shut em out going in the Minnasota series!!

We need another 10+ game streak - it starts here!!!

Let's go boys!!

Since you made that posting, if we do win, then I'd be disappointed if you didn't follow up with with another posting before we play Minnesota.......of the "hawkism" "Don't stop now boys!"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
It really is a big game for Jackson. We could easily lose 3-4 to Baltimore on the road. A split would be dandy. It's up to him, really.

It is really up to the offense. The pitching has been pretty good against Bal thus far. We cannot expect our pitchers to continually give up 1-2 runs.

I am one of those in the "I don't know if we should have traded Hudson camp" also, but it is what it is. Jackson has a lot of talwnt and it will be interesting to see how he rebounds from the Tiger game and if he can be as good as he was there. I know we can't win em all, but sure doesn't hurt to try. That's all you can ask is a a quality start win or lose

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
Man, tonight is a great reason why losing Peavy hurts BAD.

Haha, just saw this after posting the same thing in game thread. It's really amazing the domino effect that injury has had on our chances this season, yet it's so rarely talked about.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
Would we have gotten Jackson if Peavy didn't get hurt? Probably not and Freddy would still be the #5 starter.

And we could have used Hudson to get a big time bat or had him lurking in case Garcia got in trouble.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
And we could have used Hudson to get a big time bat or had him lurking in case Garcia got in trouble.

Or we could have signed Thome and just kept Hudson in AAA all year or used him right now to give Garcia a break. And there's the added benefit of he wouldn't have homered off of Garcia.

Sigh.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
Or we could have signed Thome and just kept Hudson in AAA all year or used him right now to give Garcia a break. And there's the added benefit of he wouldn't have homered off of Garcia.

Sigh.

Well duh, rarely do you see a manager make a personnel mistake that changes the tide of the division so significantly. I despise the fact that we got rid of 6 years of Hudson, even if Jackson has looked good.