Gamethread: White Sox 64-51 vs Tigers 55-59 7:10 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 04:23 AM)
It's a big no-no health wise

Not flaming, just wondering how you know this? No way Cooper would let one of his guys go out there if it was a health risk. He would fight Ozzie on this to stand up for his guy.

Is it a proven health risk? Any doctors out there? If it truly is a health risk, I'd hope we'll be reading some long articles from the beat writers questioning the move. It's not worth risking a player's health for a victory.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 05:32 AM)
How is it any different than a starting pitcher warming up then the game getting delayed at the start and coming in? Happens all the time

In those situations, 90% of the time, the teams know the game will be delayed so they don't warm up the pitchers before it starts. Even Stoney and Hawk were talking about the difficulties of pitching after a long delay. The Marlins had all sorts of injury issues relating to this when Girardi was their manager, as I believe this is how Josh Johnson suffered a major injury.

And greg, you have to judging the severity of issues by how much the media writes about something. If there was a correlation, then tonight's Bears game would be the most important game of the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
In those situations, 90% of the time, the teams know the game will be delayed so they don't warm up the pitchers before it starts. Even Stoney and Hawk were talking about the difficulties of pitching after a long delay. The Marlins had all sorts of injury issues relating to this when Girardi was their manager, as I believe this is how Josh Johnson suffered a major injury.

And greg, you have to judging the severity of issues by how much the media writes about something. If there was a correlation, then tonight's Bears game would be the most important game of the season.

true, but if it was such a travesty then i'd think it would be mentioned severely in the press. maybe not.