Sox @ Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Manny available to pinch hit, not in the line-up however.

We'll probably have Kotsay up with the bases loaded in the 5th against a lefty and not bring in Manny because "you just don't PH one of your starters in the 5th".

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manny will presumably be the full-time DH in one of baseball's most homer-friendly environments. (Though not when his calf aches, or when he's feeling claustrophobic, or when he's sleepy, or when it's a day game following a night game).

From Roto-Arcade yesterday. We were all fools to fall in love so quickly!

f***ing get off your ass and swing a God damn baseball bat. Ozzie should have had the lineup card written out and just pointed Manny to the cages.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Is that from someone's Twitter or something? The lineup I mean.

Kotsay rakes against Masterson career-wise. Maybe best to sit Quentin for a game if Manny plays, move Kotsay to RF and DH Manny.

Sorry for getting back to you a little late, I got that lineup from John Morosi on twitter.

Enough has been said about Manny playing, I wish he played but maybe he is tired...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
We'll probably have Kotsay up with the bases loaded in the 5th against a lefty and not bring in Manny because "you just don't PH one of your starters in the 5th".

Well Mark Kotsay is batting .000 against lefties. So he is due. I think.

Id rather give Manny the day off and have him happy the rest of the season, then push a guy who was up at a time that no person like Manny ever sees.

Personally Id be dead. If he doesnt feel he can be 100%, let the guy rest 1 day and hell be out there the rest of the season presumably.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Well that's pretty ridiculous.

I love the outrage assuming Ozzie is just choosing not to play Manny here. It's comical.

The only other scenario is that Manny expressed a desire not to play. Seems unlikely to me, given his situation, and that Gonzales just said that Manny stated he felt like a 25-year-old.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
That's not a quote, that's Cowley's opinion and Cowley is a dumbass.

Yeah, I'm going to go with an actual reporter's input (MG) over Cowley's sarcasm and annoying one-liners.

If its Manny saying no, then f*** Manny and the plane he flew in on. But it seems 90% likely this is Ozzie, and I am just floored at how stupid a move this is.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Two co-workers seem convinced that Manny will indeed be in the lineup tonight when its actually game time. And that KW is calling Ozzie right now saying "WTF are you doing?"

I doubt that.

Manny forgot how to speak English on the flight over according to Cowley.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Cowley says Manny did not conform to the policy and his hair remained identical.

Well, if Cowley is indeed correct (which is not a safe assumption), then that's a third scenario I hadn't considered - Ozzie may be sending a message to Manny to get in line.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Well, if Cowley is indeed correct (which is not a safe assumption), then that's a third scenario I hadn't considered - Ozzie may be sending a message to Manny to get in line.

Because Manny takes that kind of stuff so well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
What does that even have to do with anything? That's just Cowley doing his usual Jay Mariotti imitation.

Dude went to high school in New York. I've heard him speak English just fine... no reason not to give the Press Conference in English.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
OK I missed something here - what press conference?

There was a mini press conference, Manny talking to all the beat writers, which Manny conducted in Spanish and was translated by Joey Cora and Mark Gonzales.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
There was a mini press conference, Manny talking to all the beat writers, which Manny conducted in Spanish and was translated by Joey Cora and Mark Gonzales.

Ah. I missed the transition. One minute we were discussing Manny not being in the lineup, the next minute there was something about Manny's English.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
This is part of acquiring Manny Ramirez.

You take the good with the bad.

But I absolutely understand not playing baseball on a day that he flew from LA to Cleveland.

+1

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
there is a day game tomorrow

Good point.