Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a complete f***ing joke. I'm sorry but it's absolutely stupid not putting our best offense on the field while our bullpen is in shambles. We're going to need every extra run to help avoid a late game meltdown.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like Ozzie has done this same s*** in the past with other mid-season additions. He feels these players need a game to adjust to their new team. Unfortunately, that shouldn't even be up for consideration when your team has a month left in the season.

Also, what's the over/under on LOB for Mark Kotsay tonight? I'll go with four and a half.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
This is part of acquiring Manny Ramirez.

You take the good with the bad.

Exactly right. This is going to be a long month for that sox clubhouse. :lol:

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
i wana try and tell my boss im too tired to go to work tomorrow and when he gives me that WTF face, ill just say hey, im just Manny being Manny.
I'm sure that if you were in the top 10 in the world at what you do, you could get away with it.

People are underestimating how important it is to keep Manny fresh for next season. Also, no doubt in my mind Sox didn't want Manny to cut his braids. They might have publically said they did, but there's a reason they bought the wigs from the Dodgers.

QUOTE (almagest @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I'm sure that if you were in the top 10 in the world at what you do, you could get away with it.

in most fields the top 10 in the world at what they do probably work 80+ hour weeks, 52 weeks a year.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Yes there was. There was a flight that left LAX this morning at 715 AM and would have arrived at 245 PM.

But that flight was $57 more than the Southwest flight they made him take.

I know badger has backed ramirez in regards to him not playing today due to his flight.

All that i have to say to that, is give me a break. The very least someone can do for $120,000 dollars per game is go up to the plate 4-5 times. What a pansy.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I know badger has backed ramirez in regards to him not playing today due to his flight.

All that i have to say to that, is give me a break. The very least someone can do for $120,000 dollars per game is go up to the plate 4-5 times. What a pansy.

Amen brother.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
People are underestimating how important it is to keep Manny fresh for next season. Also, no doubt in my mind Sox didn't want Manny to cut his braids. They might have publically said they did, but there's a reason they bought the wigs from the Dodgers.

Sarcasm?

And did we really buy the wig stock from the Dodgers?