Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
Alexei has the GG locked up.

I'lll believe that when I see it.

All those years that Crede and Rowand didn't win, I'm convinced it will keep going to Jeter or a better offensive player since 1/2 of the voters probably haven't watched Ramirez play since June and simply go off error totals and don't even take defensive metric stats into account.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
It is a confusing thing for sure. He has shown some good moves out there and at other times just like this one he has been real bad

I know; he was supposed to be a good defender. I don't know if he used to, but he seems to run on his heels a lot. That's a big no-no, fundamentally, for outfield play.

manny is not playing tomorrow bc is a 1 pm game. ozzie will say he is tired and still is on pacific time - all of this for kotsay.

the reason we brought damn manny was in situation like right now...f***..cant get the damn man on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
manny is not playing tomorrow bc is a 1 pm game. ozzie will say he is tired and still is on pacific time - all of this for kotsay.

the reason we brought damn manny was in situation like right now...f***..cant get the damn man on 3rd with less than 2 outs.

Awesome. So we win the claim almost a week ago and Manny still has yet to play. This probably won't end well.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
I know; he was supposed to be a good defender. I don't know if he used to, but he seems to run on his heels a lot. That's a big no-no, fundamentally, for outfield play.

bad habit maybe since he was coming off that foot injury?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
Awesome. So we win the claim almost a week ago and Manny still has yet to play. This probably won't end well.

Manny is going to play tomorrow, let's not spread unnecessary panic and this is meant to costa not you J4L.

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)

Manny wasn't going to bat for Pierre, but I do agree, he needs to be playing if for nothing else to get sharp again. He hasn't played all that much the last month and a half.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
Yeah, advancing a runner to third isn't ideal for Pierre because if he hits the ball in the air, chances are the runner isn't going to score.

It's frustrating to not get the man home, but I saw the statistic last week for success in bringing men home from third with less than 2-outs in the entire AL: it's a shockingly low 53%, I think.

I love the lack of urgency from Ozzie in playing Manny, yet he has no problems having our relievers throw multiple innings on consecutive days. I guarantee Ozzie would have been more proactive in playing Manny today if we were facing a LHP.