Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
Edwin is our #1 pitcher. Who would have thought that when we made the trade?

Don Cooper and 1/2 the scouts in baseball who absolutely love his easy 97 mph delivery.

You can make the argument that he's been the best pitcher in the AL since we picked him up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
There is no denying that Q has the ability to be an absolute force in the lineup and given the possibility of Konerko being. gone our offense is going to need another bat.

I still take my chances with him next year, he's due for a raise but it don't think it will be huge, he's arbitration eligible. (altough I could be mistaken)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
He's so abysmal defensively that whatever offense he brings to the table is negated. I don't think most people truly realize how bad he's been this year. Adam Dunn might be pointing and laughing. Carlos has no business, at least shouldn't have an business, playing RF.

He really is a pure DH. He's been horrible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Yeah, I'd hate to give him up. He's a 45 homer guy easy if he puts it together.

There's no such thing as "a 45 homer guy easy," whether or not it is someone who is putting it together, needs to put it together or has it together.

No.

He had him stand more upright.

Jackson's a big guy...but he was slouching a bit, which was affecting his control.

Now he's getting more downward plane on his pitches coming from a higher, more straight-up release point. (We saw the same type of thing with Jose Contreras in the past, although Jackson never threw close to side-arm or 3/4's)

It's also allowing him to throw more strikes lower in the strike zone.

Hafner looking dangerous now. He just turned on a 98 MPH fastball, granted, he was looking for it...but Hafner hasn't shown that type of bat speed for the last 2-3 years from what I've seen.

Edited by caulfield12