Sox @ Indians

Heads22

QUOTE (qwerty @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I know badger has backed ramirez in regards to him not playing today due to his flight.

All that i have to say to that, is give me a break. The very least someone can do for $120,000 dollars per game is go up to the plate 4-5 times. What a pansy.

but almagest said that he gets a pass cause he is in the top 10 at what he does.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Yes there was. There was a flight that left LAX this morning at 715 AM and would have arrived at 245 PM.

The flight he took left at 6am and he arrived AT THE BALLPARK right around 3pm. Clearly he got on the flight(s) that would get him to Cleveland the soonest.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:31 PM)
The flight he took left at 6am and he arrived AT THE BALLPARK right around 3pm. Clearly he got on the flight(s) that would get him to Cleveland the soonest.

I work for an airline and only continental flies LAX to CLE direct. He took a charter plane anyways.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
cst_sox

Oz said it was his decision not to start Manny. He asked him how he felt and "I didn't like the answer he gave me."

MDGonzales

Oz "I don't want him to think if he goes 0 for 4 he's going to die."

Hmmm. Manny did not give the right answer. Would love to know what Manny said and how he said it. Good for Oz making his decision based on the response. I wonder if Manny was being Manny with his response.

You can say how easy it is or what he should do, etc.

But as a professional, I would not go out and represent my clients if I felt it would be a disservice to them. If I was asked by my client, employer, etc if I felt I was good to go, and I wasnt, I would tell them. And if they said that they wanted me to wait for another day or asked me if I what I wanted to do, Id tell them the truth.

Its not about how hard it is, its about being a professional.

Now you can argue that Manny should have flown out last night, or that the Sox should have chartered him a plane last night so that he was in Cleveland ready to go for today.

But if people are going to have unrealistic expectations about Manny you are all going to end up disappointed. This is not a guy who is known for his work ethic, or his desire to play.

So why did anyone ever believe the guy would play on a day where he had to fly at 6 am?

Its Manny Ramirez, the guy has sat out games for way less. Did you think that because he was on the Sox all of a sudden hed be a model citizen?

If you like Ramirez and you want Ramirez, then this is the type of s*** your going to deal with.

I dont know why anyone thought it would be different.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Hmmm. Manny did not give the right answer. Would love to know what Manny said and how he said it. Good for Oz making his decision based on the response. I wonder if Manny was being Manny with his response.

More than likely, Manny said something that led Ozzie to believe he was tired or something of the sort. I hope he at least pinch hits tonight...

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
and the whole dreads thing will not be an issue. Brooks Boyers and company tried trade for wigs in la but had la caps on them. Now he's trying to make some of his own.

I never know when you're quoting someone or not.

We'll probably never know the real story. It could be all Manny, all Ozzie, or them combined. Regardless, we're all frustrated, but if he starts playing tomorrow and plays well, today's game will most likely be forgotten.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
We'll probably never know the real story. It could be all Manny, all Ozzie, or them combined. Regardless, we're all frustrated, but if he starts playing tomorrow and plays well, today's game will most likely be forgotten.

Not if we lose a close game where Kotsay leaves 3 or 4 guys on base.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
I never know when you're quoting someone or not.

There was a tweet earlier that Boyer did call LA trying to get the leftover wigs but they indeed are sewn onto LA caps, pretty sure Sox want to sell similar wigs in Chicago.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Doesn't sound like Manny has any interest to cut the dreads. To be continued ... cowley

This could get interesting.

Don't the Sox have a "rule?" Isn't it Jerry's rule?

I would think Mr. Reinsdorf, who was the owner of Michael Jordan's Bulls, would not want to let one man be allowed to usurp the rules. Rules must be the same for everybody. If Cowley's post is true, wonder what the Sox will do to spin this?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
I dont know why anyone thought it would be different.

I think people are just frustrated because we've basically known about this transaction for a month, and known it was a done deal since Saturday. It keeps getting dragged out, and we want our Manny.

You're entirely right, however, I have seen other players jump into games with much later arrival times. Ozzie is coddling Manny, and we just expected a tad more I guess.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
This could get interesting.

Don't the Sox have a "rule?" Isn't it Jerry's rule?

I would think Mr. Reinsdorf, who was the owner of Michael Jordan's Bulls, would not want to let one man be allowed to usurp the rules. Rules must be the same for everybody. If Cowley's post is true, wonder what the Sox will do to spin this?

LMAO, Jordan of "The Jordan Rules" had his own set of rules. Come to think of it, so did Dennis Rodman, considering he used to party until all hours of the night and they would drag his ass to games and throw him out there.

I am fairly sure everyone involved in this trade, from Jerry to Kenny to Manny, knew that to make this trade that they would have to accept that Manny is a bizarre individual and concessions would need to be made.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Yes. The guy who has no problem with Jenks' disgusting facial hair and Joakim Noah's wild sideshow Bob look will want Manny to cut his hair.

If there are exceptions, there are exceptions. I'm just saying there should be no exceptions to whatever his rules state.