Chris Sale Appreciation Thread (FIRE KEITH LAW)

caulfield12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 02:59 AM)
Only thing I worry about with Sale is injury - other than that.... wowza!

i want to see them take their time with sale as he converts from the pen to the starting rotation. but damn if he doesn't just impress you with great stuff.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
He needs to learn some control first before I start doing back flips.

A lot of these young guys are coming into the league with great raw talent but terrible mechanics.

Sale is in this class so and so was Threets.

Everytime Sale delivers a ptich I hold my breath.

Thorthon is a freak of nature.

He throws in the high 90's almost effortlessly.

His problem is not mechanics, it is overuse by the manager.

If Matt had a curve ball and a change-up, he would be the second coming of Koufax.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Wait, people really think Sale can start? The man has been phenomenal but I have no idea how anyone can say he's a starter with the motion he has plus his arm slot.

i don't know how you can say he CAN'T start when he's been doing it every year for a while now. maybe he has a predisposition for the bullpen, but arm slot/motion aren't 1:1 correlates with inability to start

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
i don't know how you can say he CAN'T start when he's been doing it every year for a while now. maybe he has a predisposition for the bullpen, but arm slot/motion aren't 1:1 correlates with inability to start

I guess I just can't explain it. I mean I just see his delivery and go "that's a pen arm" albeit a very good one at that. Nobody is also sure if he has the stuff to start. I understand his stuff now is good to get guys out, but can he do it two or three times through the line-up?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
I guess I just can't explain it. I mean I just see his delivery and go "that's a pen arm" albeit a very good one at that. Nobody is also sure if he has the stuff to start. I understand his stuff now is good to get guys out, but can he do it two or three times through the line-up?

I'd like to do what's been done with a couple of good arms in the past: make him a closer for a year or two, then work him into the rotation when he's got some experience and worked on his control a little bit and we lose a starter to FA/trade/injury